Lumia 1020 AT&T unlock code not found

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I was given my unlock code this morning for Nokia 1020. I bought the found without contract from AT&T store and customer service was happy to give me the unlock code. Now i have to get a non-AT&T SIM card and try the code out. Good luck.

I'm in the same boat, man. Also UnlocksExpress.com stopped replying to my emails so i think ill open a dispute against them on PayPal. It sucks having that awesome phone and not being able to use it! i think ill sell it on ebay next month if i wont be able to unlock it :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
that's funny. You sure it was Cellunlocker.net? I tried numerous other unlocking sites and all of them refunded my money saying it wasn't in the system. Then I tried cellunlocker and they emailed me my unlock code in like 10 minutes. It cost like three times more than other sites, but it was worth it because they could actually do it.

Really ?, may be i will try it out.
UPDATE on my case : i was able to get an AT&T prepaid number, tell them my 1020 as a gophone. And they accept my unlock request, they put it in the system, but after a few days, when i check back, they require a proof of purchase. WTF, how can i get proof of purchase for this phone ?????? Unlock journey is dead end now :(

imranpkm

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Have they sorted out? I am waiting for unlock codes and I tried with many websites only to end up negatively. Any other way for unlocking

Last edited:

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Have they sorted out? I am waiting for unlock codes and I tried with many websites only to end up negatively. Any other way for unlocking

those guys from unlockexpress disappeared and stopped replying my emails. I opened a claim against them on PayPal to get my money back...

I lost hope in unlocking my phone. I'll just sell it on eBay next week and buy an unlocked international version.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue.....My original was unlocked, then Nokia sent me a replacement, now having this issue. AT&T told me it has to be on their network for 6 months now.....

Call them and tell them you've to go out of the country, like Japan or something. They'll happily give you the unlock code, depends on rep to rep, if you find a good rep you'll get it straight away!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
those guys from unlockexpress disappeared and stopped replying my emails. I opened a claim against them on PayPal to get my money back...

I lost hope in unlocking my phone. I'll just sell it on eBay next week and buy an unlocked international version.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Try cellunlock.net
Also some blokes on Ebay sell it for like $24

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Call them and tell them you've to go out of the country, like Japan or something. They'll happily give you the unlock code, depends on rep to rep, if you find a good rep you'll get it straight away!

The problem is, they can't find the code in the system, they have to submit an unlock request, and it require either your account on their network for 6 months or you have a proof of purchase. They're pretty firm about it. My 1020 is in the closet right now. Any one with unlocking experience please help.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The problem is, they can't find the code in the system, they have to submit an unlock request, and it require either your account on their network for 6 months or you have a proof of purchase. They're pretty firm about it. My 1020 is in the closet right now. Any one with unlocking experience please help.

You can ask for favours, friends,family ;), if you know what I mean.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My sister is going to France, and really needs her phone unlocked. If they do give me an unlock code, how does it work? Is it if I insert a different sim, it asks for the unlock code? She's going there for 6 months, so the international plan is too expensive.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My sister is going to France, and really needs her phone unlocked. If they do give me an unlock code, how does it work? Is it if I insert a different sim, it asks for the unlock code? She's going there for 6 months, so the international plan is too expensive.

Look who needs help, God himself, LOL, no pun.
Call AT&T, tell them about the situation, make sure you or she is an ATT customer, they'll do some sneaky things and give you the code, insert a non ATT sim, punch the code and send the phone over to me so I can confirm it is unlocked internationally.

Chat with those reps here, have your things handy - https://tech360.att.com/att/chat/chat_site.asp

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Look who needs help, God himself, LOL, no pun.
Call AT&T, tell them about the situation, make sure you or she is an ATT customer, they'll do some sneaky things and give you the code, insert a non ATT sim, punch the code and send the phone over to me so I can confirm it is unlocked internationally.

Chat with those reps here, have your things handy - https://tech360.att.com/att/chat/chat_site.asp

I'll do all except send the phone to you. How do you know for sure it is unlocked internationally?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
don't they'll help. i tried every possible site and every one of them refunded me after some time cuz the unlock code was not found..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Have you like tried any other company sim in that phone?
What does it say when you do that?

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, how about find some fault in the phone, ask ATT for another replacement?
I know its sneaky, but hey come on.

i live in Israel, so i got the phone on ebay from a dude who got it as a gift for developers from Nokia. that's why it didnt pass through at&t and didnt get registered on their systems. so all at&t reps told me that the systems recognizes the device as Nokia device but no model or unlock code.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12