Lumia 1020 AT&T unlock code not found

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i live in Israel, so i got the phone on ebay from a dude who got it as a gift for developers from Nokia. that's why it didnt pass through at&t and didnt get registered on their systems. so all at&t reps told me that the systems recognizes the device as Nokia device but no model or unlock code.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oh well, I was under the assumption you were from USA. Someone has to put an AT&T sim, activate the phone (make a random call) to get that IMEI registered in AT&T database, if that was not done, even God cannot find the code, no jokes on that one, I've been there.
A ray of hope could be those Gevey unlock cards, you have them for Iphones, not sure about 1020.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I only have att sims. I'll just go to the tmobile store and say I might switch, and have them put a tmobile microsim in the 1020.

Just tell them "I am unstoppable", they might get out of the way. LOL.
Before you make the trip, get the unlock code, write it on a piece of paper, carry it at the T store, pop the T sim, it should ask for unlock code, enter that code and see if it accepts.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just tell them "I am unstoppable", they might get out of the way. LOL.
Before you make the trip, get the unlock code, write it on a piece of paper, carry it at the T store, pop the T sim, it should ask for unlock code, enter that code and see if it accepts.

Once I type the unlock code when I put the T-Mobile sim, does that make it only workable from T-Mobile and att, or ANY carrier with the bands and sim?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Once I type the unlock code when I put the T-Mobile sim, does that make it only workable from T-Mobile and att, or ANY carrier with the bands and sim?

It'll be unlocked for all GSM sim cards throughout the planet :)
Since I helped you, I may need a favor from you, if you're ok, PM me.
It has nothing to do about money or your sister's phone.

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh well, I was under the assumption you were from USA. Someone has to put an AT&T sim, activate the phone (make a random call) to get that IMEI registered in AT&T database, if that was not done, even God cannot find the code, no jokes on that one, I've been there.
A ray of hope could be those Gevey unlock cards, you have them for Iphones, not sure about 1020.

oh i never knew that. so if for example i get an at&t gophone sim to israel and make a call it would work?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
nope. I'm gonna try getting an att sim and making a call. hopefully then I'll be able to unlock it. it's my last resort. if that's not gonna work I'm gonna sell the phone on ebay.

Are you aware of Gevey sim?
Scan if there exists one for 1020, just another possibility.

imranpkm

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I got my 1020 unlocked through ebay.in (mobile.more)

those guys from unlockexpress disappeared and stopped replying my emails. I opened a claim against them on PayPal to get my money back...

I lost hope in unlocking my phone. I'll just sell it on eBay next week and buy an unlocked international version.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel