05-01-2015 11:25 PM
68 123
tools
    Sorry guys, i have to post here. I have an at&t 1020. I called the customer service many times, some don't approve my request, some tried to search my IMEI number and said it's unlockable but the unlock code does not show in the system. One lady created a case for me to create the unlock code, a day later i received an automated email which has a issue tracking number and tell me the my issue has been resolved. But no unlock code was sent . So i tried to call them back again, but no code was found,either. Can anyone tell me what i should do now ? I really need this phone unlocked. If anyone has an AT&T account and help me to get a more proper unlock request, i would be appreciated. Thank you.
    09-27-2013 11:30 AM
    i have the same issue with my phone, they say it recognizes the device as a Nokia device in their systems but there's no unlock code

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
    09-27-2013 11:50 AM
    I have the same issue.....My original was unlocked, then Nokia sent me a replacement, now having this issue. AT&T told me it has to be on their network for 6 months now.....
    09-27-2013 12:40 PM
    Got in another phone call, they say nokia can now create my code, Here is the number they gave me: 1-888-6654-228. Haven't try it yet.
    09-28-2013 04:44 AM
    I tried it, Nokia say they don't have unlock codes..
    09-28-2013 12:50 PM
    I would keep calling AT&T until you get a service rep that knows what they're doing. I got my unlock code on the second attempt, first attempt the service rep told me I could do it myself and gave me some website, but when using that website it said the phone couldn't be unlocked at this time etc....I called the second time, got a different service rep...Asked me a few questions, and then gave me the unlock code. So it really just depends on who you talk to, so I would call back.
    09-28-2013 02:12 PM
    It's an issue AT&T is having with the device(s). It's documented now and they are working on fix. It's not the rep. Apparently some IMEI's have not been inputted into the system correctly. This is what I was told by someone quite high up. Once (gulp) IF mine is rectified, I will give you the avenues I took.

NOKIA cannot supply unlock codes. They are supplied through the carrier only.
    09-28-2013 03:43 PM
    I unlocked mine through cellunlocker.net. You have to pay, but I had my unlock code in about 10 minutes after requesting it.
    09-28-2013 06:19 PM
    Update : My case for creating an unlock code for the device was rejected because i'm not an AT&T customer. AT&T changed their policy, non-AT&T customer can not receive unlock request. It's depending on the computer, not agent. Will i borrow my friend's AT&T number and it's good to go ?
    09-28-2013 07:04 PM
    Seriously, just save the headache and pay a few bucks for cellunlocker.net it is worth all that time and headache.
    09-30-2013 09:29 AM
    These unlockers (cellunlocker, etc. ) cannot generate a code for these phones either.

Squall, your phone came with an AT&T SIM card correct? Go online, activate on GoPhone service, you're now a customer. You do not have to put any $$ on the account. But, it will generate a number and make you a "customer".
    09-30-2013 11:05 AM
    These unlockers (cellunlocker, etc. ) cannot generate a code for these phones either.

Squall, your phone came with an AT&T SIM card correct? Go online, activate on GoPhone service, you're now a customer. You do not have to put any $$ on the account. But, it will generate a number and make you a "customer".
    Okay, my request got through, after i provided them an AT&T account, i received a 9 digits that is my case number, i have to wait at least two business days. Have u got your device unlocked ?
    09-30-2013 09:25 PM
    Seriously, just save the headache and pay a few bucks for cellunlocker.net it is worth all that time and headache.
    Except they couldn't do it for me. They gave me a refund and said that they don't have the unlock codes for my phone at the time.
    10-01-2013 03:10 AM
    you may want to try this site:
    http://www.unlocksexpress.com/collec...factory-unlock

I'm still waiting for the code from them but they promised me they can get my code.

10-01-2013 04:13 AM
    you may want to try this site:
    at&t NOT FOUND Nokia Lumia 820 / 920 / 1020 Factory Unlock [ALL MODELS] | iPhone Factory Unlock Solutions at&t, Verizon, Sprint | Unlocks Express

I'm still waiting for the code from them but they promised me they can get my code.

Good luck!, and just keep us posted ;)
    jenia90 likes this.
    10-01-2013 09:09 AM
    haha i will

10-01-2013 10:52 AM
    AT&T holds exclusive rights to sell the 1020 for 6 months, they wont give out a code for business reasons :)
    10-01-2013 05:01 PM
    Except they couldn't do it for me. They gave me a refund and said that they don't have the unlock codes for my phone at the time.
    that's funny. You sure it was Cellunlocker.net? I tried numerous other unlocking sites and all of them refunded my money saying it wasn't in the system. Then I tried cellunlocker and they emailed me my unlock code in like 10 minutes. It cost like three times more than other sites, but it was worth it because they could actually do it.
    10-08-2013 01:37 PM
    I was given my unlock code this morning for Nokia 1020. I bought the found without contract from AT&T store and customer service was happy to give me the unlock code. Now i have to get a non-AT&T SIM card and try the code out. Good luck.
    10-08-2013 02:25 PM
    I've spend two days on the phone to AT&T reps and they are definitely giving me the hand. They will NOT unlock for non customers now, they have changed their policy and will only direct you to the website which needs a wireless number to use which I don't have! Very frustrating.
    Cellunlocker.net and a few other sites have been unable to provide a code so it looks like I've got a phone I can't use.
    10-11-2013 01:10 AM
    I was given my unlock code this morning for Nokia 1020. I bought the found without contract from AT&T store and customer service was happy to give me the unlock code. Now i have to get a non-AT&T SIM card and try the code out. Good luck.
    I'm in the same boat, man. Also UnlocksExpress.com stopped replying to my emails so i think ill open a dispute against them on PayPal. It sucks having that awesome phone and not being able to use it! i think ill sell it on ebay next month if i wont be able to unlock it :/

10-12-2013 04:31 AM
    that's funny. You sure it was Cellunlocker.net? I tried numerous other unlocking sites and all of them refunded my money saying it wasn't in the system. Then I tried cellunlocker and they emailed me my unlock code in like 10 minutes. It cost like three times more than other sites, but it was worth it because they could actually do it.
    Really ?, may be i will try it out.
    UPDATE on my case : i was able to get an AT&T prepaid number, tell them my 1020 as a gophone. And they accept my unlock request, they put it in the system, but after a few days, when i check back, they require a proof of purchase. WTF, how can i get proof of purchase for this phone ?????? Unlock journey is dead end now :(
    10-12-2013 08:45 PM
    Have they sorted out? I am waiting for unlock codes and I tried with many websites only to end up negatively. Any other way for unlocking
    Last edited by imranpkm; 10-19-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    10-19-2013 08:14 AM
    Have they sorted out? I am waiting for unlock codes and I tried with many websites only to end up negatively. Any other way for unlocking

those guys from unlockexpress disappeared and stopped replying my emails. I opened a claim against them on PayPal to get my money back...

I lost hope in unlocking my phone. I'll just sell it on eBay next week and buy an unlocked international version.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2013 03:55 PM
    I have the same issue.....My original was unlocked, then Nokia sent me a replacement, now having this issue. AT&T told me it has to be on their network for 6 months now.....
    Call them and tell them you've to go out of the country, like Japan or something. They'll happily give you the unlock code, depends on rep to rep, if you find a good rep you'll get it straight away!
    10-20-2013 01:59 AM
68 123