New owner of Nokia 1020

DarkAce22

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Just picked it up in Atlanta Microsoft Store a few days ago. Like it so far. So smooth and very fast response phone. Coming from Samsung S4 and iPhone 5. Photo quality is unmatched so far. Only one that may come close is HTC One.

My first question on this forum is, there anyway to keep the top icons on the phone screen from disappearing ? I know you can swipe down with your hand and it will re-appear but is there a way to keep those icons on top ? (signal strength, signal type - LTE, battery)

Thanks in advance.

Enjoying my 1020......

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just picked it up in Atlanta Microsoft Store a few days ago. Like it so far. So smooth and very fast response phone. Coming from Samsung S4 and iPhone 5. Photo quality is unmatched so far. Only one that may come close is HTC One.

My first question on this forum is, there anyway to keep the top icons on the phone screen from disappearing ? I know you can swipe down with your hand and it will re-appear but is there a way to keep those icons on top ? (signal strength, signal type - LTE, battery)

No, those icons go back into hiding after a brief display.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoying my 1020......

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
When I first switched to WP I found it annoying that the icons at the top didn't stay in place. Now I don't even notice. I think now that I don't really need to see them every time I look at my phone and wanting to see them is just a throwback to iOS.

CiderDrinker

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah one can definitely get use to seeing that information immediately if it's there all the time, but you really don't need to see that info at all times. I no longer feel it necessary to see my bars and battery life, and I am less worried as a person in general :eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99