01-12-2015 12:39 AM
47 12
tools
    I keep my Z10 naked, same was true with my 9900, but neither of them had a protrusion off the back like that. I'd be afraid of breaking it.
    09-29-2013 09:10 PM
    I love naked phones, I use my 520 and 4s naked, I would probably put a 1020 in a case though.. Id be a wreck if I broke something so nice..
    If you bought it from the Microsoft Store, make sure you buy their insurance. $100 for two year warranty as well as three accidental damage claims ($50 deductible each).

Be quick, you have 30 days from initial purchase to get it.
    09-30-2013 06:15 AM
    If you don't like the idea of a case, may I point you towards the ScreenProof screen and boyd protectors discussed here :) - http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...protector.html
    09-30-2013 08:22 AM
    That's kinda what I was talking about. Almost flattens the back so the camera doesn't stick out.
    Yeah, pair with a lanyard and it'd look really cool. I think the Nokia camera grip has a cool look to it too, but it would be too bulky to carry around all the time.
    09-30-2013 10:48 AM
    I use the retro case as well - the rubberized sides imo give the phone better grip especially when texting.

The lanyard's decent - this is the first I have used one.

I usually have used screen protectors, but in reading about the 1020, Nokia and Corning put some features into Gorilla Glass 3 that would be lost by having a protector, so on this one am going naked for the screen..
    09-30-2013 02:45 PM
    I've ordered a Noreve traditional leather case, as I felt I wanted something"just in case" (I dropped my 820, though thankfully from low down and no damage). But I also want a charging back and that is incompatible with the case. But given how quickly I get through the battery, wireless charging would be easier (plus I already have the plates).

I worry about the case/crud factor but will just have to keep an eye on it.
    09-30-2013 03:17 PM
    So far I've been using mine with a Caseflex Neoprene sleeve and the wireless charging cover, looks perfect when taken out of the charging cover.

I usually have used screen protectors, but in reading about the 1020, Nokia and Corning put some features into Gorilla Glass 3 that would be lost by having a protector, so on this one am going naked for the screen..
    What features? Currently unsure about a screen protector, its so nice to use without it'd be a shame to put one on
    09-30-2013 03:22 PM
    This is one of the better ones I've seen so far, next to the transparent Poetic Atmosphere case.

This retro case looks amazing on the 1020! IMHO

http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcen...?itok=WltZIs3m

Quick Review: AGF Leather Shell Case for the Lumia 1020; go retro! | Windows Phone Central

And this one's not bad either if it's more your style.
    First glimpse at Nokia

Not sure if flush but both seem to cover the camera hump pretty well
    09-30-2013 06:14 PM
    I use the retro case as well - the rubberized sides imo give the phone better grip especially when texting.

The lanyard's decent - this is the first I have used one.

my 1020 has been in and out of my pockets for the past 3 weeks with no damage. Granted, I would never stick it in my pocket with anything else, but then again its too big to put in a pocket with anything else.

I hate screen protectors!!
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    09-30-2013 06:23 PM
    I got my Lumia on Thu, yellow one, love it :) Went out Friday night, got drunk, next day looked at my phone and screen was smashed, think I dropped it....get a case, its not like the 920.
    09-30-2013 06:29 PM
    I got my Lumia on Thu, yellow one, love it :) Went out Friday night, got drunk, next day looked at my phone and screen was smashed, think I dropped it....get a case, its not like the 920.
    oh dude. That's worse than waking up trying to figure out how you spent $120 at a bar. Glad those days are behind me!
    09-30-2013 09:21 PM
    I normally don't use a case because I go through phones every 2 years or so.... however, because I'm buying the 1020 for the camera, would be nice to have a lens cover. I know of the leather Nokia case but I don't think it's available yet.
    09-30-2013 09:50 PM
    Here's my Noreve Saint Tropez case. Really good quality leather (and nice leather smell too). Shame I can't use the Qi back with it but love the case.6tag_011013-145924.jpg
    10-01-2013 10:33 AM
    So far I've been using mine with a Caseflex Neoprene sleeve and the wireless charging cover, looks perfect when taken out of the charging cover.

What features? Currently unsure about a screen protector, its so nice to use without it'd be a shame to put one on
    Ok, I found the article -

Nokia Lumia 1020: Let

I guess the one main feature has more to do with the part of GG3 used on the back of the phone as opposed to the screen. GG3 has a higher degree of light transmittance compared to other cameras or previous versions of GG; so it's probably more important to leave the back 'naked' and doesn't make a difference either way on the front.

Back when I read this at first, I might have just thought with the enhanced protection inherent within the glass that protectors were no longer necessary. And after a month + (I picked up the phone the week of it's launch) and a couple of minor drops, there isn't any hint of scratching or other hairline/feather/scuffing imperfections. But again, the real feature of the glass helps the camera on the rear with letting more light hit the camera; so for the screen I have to step back - I don't think it makes any difference..
    10-01-2013 11:13 AM
    Ok, I found the article -

Nokia Lumia 1020: Let

I guess the one main feature has more to do with the part of GG3 used on the back of the phone as opposed to the screen. GG3 has a higher degree of light transmittance compared to other cameras or previous versions of GG; so it's probably more important to leave the back 'naked' and doesn't make a difference either way on the front.

Back when I read this at first, I might have just thought with the enhanced protection inherent within the glass that protectors were no longer necessary. And after a month + (I picked up the phone the week of it's launch) and a couple of minor drops, there isn't any hint of scratching or other hairline/feather/scuffing imperfections. But again, the real feature of the glass helps the camera on the rear with letting more light hit the camera; so for the screen I have to step back - I don't think it makes any difference..
    Yup, GG3 on the lens is essential for light capture and durability. Glad Nokia used it.
    10-01-2013 12:39 PM
    Here's my Noreve Saint Tropez case. Really good quality leather (and nice leather smell too). Shame I can't use the Qi back with it but love the case.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6tag_011013-145924.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	44800
    That is a sexy case befitting of the Lumia. Can you show it off with the device in it?
    10-01-2013 02:58 PM
    That is a sexy case befitting of the Lumia. Can you show it off with the device in it?
    Here you go;
    noreve1.jpg
    noreve2.jpg
    noreve3.jpg
    noreve4.jpg
    10-02-2013 04:25 AM
    Here you go;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Noreve1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	504.5 KB 
ID:	44842

Name:	Noreve2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	401.5 KB 
ID:	44843

Name:	Noreve3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	44844

Name:	Noreve4.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	44845
    I love how they left a hole for the wireless charging coil despite not being able to use the wireless charging shell. Derp.
    10-02-2013 07:47 AM
    No case for me. I love the look of it as is and I hate covering it up with stuff that will only detract from it. I don't use screen protectors either. I've never had problems with anything. Never drop or otherwise damage it either. Very happy with it.
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    10-02-2013 09:33 AM
    No case for me. I love the look of it as is and I hate covering it up with stuff that will only detract from it. I don't use screen protectors either. I've never had problems with anything. Never drop or otherwise damage it either. Very happy with it.
    one very lucky , carefull person mate ;-) ive scratched a screen just by cleaning my screen with a micro fibre cloth lmao must have had a piece of dust on it with a particle of quartz or sand etc ..... thinking about using the skin i bought now but know it will ruin the matte feel in the hand

it literally just feels so nice to hold it really does remind me of a larger n8 with the tapered edges and camera hump , on a different note anyone had the white or yellow for a while now? hows it holding up? matte finishing all good? any stains etc?
    10-02-2013 04:16 PM
    I've had my yellow 1020 for three weeks and it still looks brand spanking new. No case/screen protector....in and out jeans/shorts pockets and sweaty hands. And I maybe wipe the screen once a week with a microfiber.
    buxz777 and alpha beta gaga like this.
    10-03-2013 06:02 PM
    First time I dropped by 1520 the screen shattered and I was really bummed. It had a case on it too.

Paid $200 to replace the screen. Bought a bigger case.
    01-12-2015 12:39 AM
47 12