this phone feels/looks too good for a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This retro case looks amazing on the 1020! IMHO

AGF_Leather_1020_back.jpg

Quick Review: AGF Leather Shell Case for the Lumia 1020; go retro! | Windows Phone Central

And this one's not bad either if it's more your style.
First glimpse at Nokia

Not sure if flush but both seem to cover the camera hump pretty well

Last edited:

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only person who just can't bring themselves to imprison the 1020 in a case! Mind you, I'm still waiting for my 1020 but I'm pretty sure my opinion won't change when I get hold of it.

I am preparing to compromise though as I have purchased a Screenproof full body protector. I have only done this as I'm not entirely happy with the durability of GG2 on my 920. I'm hoping GG3 on the 1020 is a huge improvement but I'm not taking any chances till I'm sure.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I love naked phones, I use my 520 and 4s naked, I would probably put a 1020 in a case though.. Id be a wreck if I broke something so nice..

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I keep my Z10 naked, same was true with my 9900, but neither of them had a protrusion off the back like that. I'd be afraid of breaking it.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I love naked phones, I use my 520 and 4s naked, I would probably put a 1020 in a case though.. Id be a wreck if I broke something so nice..

If you bought it from the Microsoft Store, make sure you buy their insurance. $100 for two year warranty as well as three accidental damage claims ($50 deductible each).

Be quick, you have 30 days from initial purchase to get it.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
That's kinda what I was talking about. Almost flattens the back so the camera doesn't stick out.

Yeah, pair with a lanyard and it'd look really cool. I think the Nokia camera grip has a cool look to it too, but it would be too bulky to carry around all the time.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I use the retro case as well - the rubberized sides imo give the phone better grip especially when texting.

The lanyard's decent - this is the first I have used one.

I usually have used screen protectors, but in reading about the 1020, Nokia and Corning put some features into Gorilla Glass 3 that would be lost by having a protector, so on this one am going naked for the screen..

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've ordered a Noreve traditional leather case, as I felt I wanted something"just in case" (I dropped my 820, though thankfully from low down and no damage). But I also want a charging back and that is incompatible with the case. But given how quickly I get through the battery, wireless charging would be easier (plus I already have the plates).

I worry about the case/crud factor but will just have to keep an eye on it.

CarteBlanche

May 6, 2013
Visit site
So far I've been using mine with a Caseflex Neoprene sleeve and the wireless charging cover, looks perfect when taken out of the charging cover.

I usually have used screen protectors, but in reading about the 1020, Nokia and Corning put some features into Gorilla Glass 3 that would be lost by having a protector, so on this one am going naked for the screen..
What features? Currently unsure about a screen protector, its so nice to use without it'd be a shame to put one on

CiderDrinker

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I use the retro case as well - the rubberized sides imo give the phone better grip especially when texting.

The lanyard's decent - this is the first I have used one.

my 1020 has been in and out of my pockets for the past 3 weeks with no damage. Granted, I would never stick it in my pocket with anything else, but then again its too big to put in a pocket with anything else.

I hate screen protectors!!

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my Lumia on Thu, yellow one, love it :) Went out Friday night, got drunk, next day looked at my phone and screen was smashed, think I dropped it....get a case, its not like the 920.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I got my Lumia on Thu, yellow one, love it :) Went out Friday night, got drunk, next day looked at my phone and screen was smashed, think I dropped it....get a case, its not like the 920.

oh dude. That's worse than waking up trying to figure out how you spent $120 at a bar. Glad those days are behind me!

Bao Li

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I normally don't use a case because I go through phones every 2 years or so.... however, because I'm buying the 1020 for the camera, would be nice to have a lens cover. I know of the leather Nokia case but I don't think it's available yet.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Here's my Noreve Saint Tropez case. Really good quality leather (and nice leather smell too). Shame I can't use the Qi back with it but love the case.6tag_011013-145924.jpg

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So far I've been using mine with a Caseflex Neoprene sleeve and the wireless charging cover, looks perfect when taken out of the charging cover.

What features? Currently unsure about a screen protector, its so nice to use without it'd be a shame to put one on

Ok, I found the article -

Nokia Lumia 1020: Let

I guess the one main feature has more to do with the part of GG3 used on the back of the phone as opposed to the screen. GG3 has a higher degree of light transmittance compared to other cameras or previous versions of GG; so it's probably more important to leave the back 'naked' and doesn't make a difference either way on the front.

Back when I read this at first, I might have just thought with the enhanced protection inherent within the glass that protectors were no longer necessary. And after a month + (I picked up the phone the week of it's launch) and a couple of minor drops, there isn't any hint of scratching or other hairline/feather/scuffing imperfections. But again, the real feature of the glass helps the camera on the rear with letting more light hit the camera; so for the screen I have to step back - I don't think it makes any difference..

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I found the article -

Nokia Lumia 1020: Let

I guess the one main feature has more to do with the part of GG3 used on the back of the phone as opposed to the screen. GG3 has a higher degree of light transmittance compared to other cameras or previous versions of GG; so it's probably more important to leave the back 'naked' and doesn't make a difference either way on the front.

Back when I read this at first, I might have just thought with the enhanced protection inherent within the glass that protectors were no longer necessary. And after a month + (I picked up the phone the week of it's launch) and a couple of minor drops, there isn't any hint of scratching or other hairline/feather/scuffing imperfections. But again, the real feature of the glass helps the camera on the rear with letting more light hit the camera; so for the screen I have to step back - I don't think it makes any difference..

Yup, GG3 on the lens is essential for light capture and durability. Glad Nokia used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6