no app update notification?

thirdcup

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1020 and receive live tile notifications of app updates. It's not a real time update, but it will show up eventually. Is your store tile pinned on the home screen?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The Store app only checks for updates every 12 hours I believe, and there's no known way to force it to fetch app updates.

All you can do is pin it to your Start Screen and wait for it to update. Alternatively, you can get an update immediately if you just search for the app your trying to update. While it may not notify you, you can still update any app so long as you can search for it in the store or obtain and store link.

Best of luck, friend.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The store checks for updates every 24.5 hours to be exact.

There is a bug in there though where it stops checking. The way that I have seen it get fixed is to go to your Hotmail (Windows Live) settings and change anything in there and apply. For instance, change the frequency of checking email and hit apply. You can change it back when done. This change triggers something that fixes the problem. You won't see updates instantly, but by next day you should (assuming there actually are updates at that time).

Hope this helps

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently hard rest my lumia 720 after that im not getting apps notification like for the glance screen and for extras and info and also for app notification what to do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb