Not so happy with my purchase

Anburaj

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
yes.. i'm also Not so happy with my purchase lumia 620...

after using lumia 620 i'm going to sad and think why purchase lumia 620...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
<snip>
Find me a low light shot that is as clean as this: http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam/nokia/808_pureview/201305052343DrX30k.jpg and I might reconsider my evaluation, but I am yet to find a 1020 shot that can convince me that it is in fact the better camera.
<snip>
Awesome!

- arnoldc Esato

ps.

I often check the photos posted by owners at a Philippine version of a UK site, digitalphotographer.com.ph and the 808 shots there are pretty good for a camera phone. There is a thread on the Lumia 1020 but no one is posting.

A friend of mine who shoots for Top Gear Philippines is an 808 owner and I've seen how good the device is in taking photos. Have yet to see Lumia 1020 photos, as it is not yet released in this part of the world.
:)

Last edited:

leecasey

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
First of all, this is my first post here. So hi! :)

Secondly, everyone that keeps saying "maybe you have a faulty handset" yes you are correct. Unfortunately though they are ALL faulty at the moment. This issue is real. I got my Lumia 1020 on Friday and quickly realised when shooting with the flash the images would have this yellow tint on them. Turning it off and using a longer exposure time gets a better shot every time.

It's going to be interesting to see how quick Nokia handle this. They acknowledged the fault on the 3rd September on their forum (previously linked in this thread). As I write this it's the 30th. No software update, no more official news (to my knowledge). This should be taking HIGH priority right now in the Nokia camp. This phone is making a LOT of Android fans think about switching mainly due to the camera. This is not good PR. What's worse PR is the amount of time it's taking to issue a fix.

Personally, I have a 14 day cooling off period. If the issue isn't resolved by then I'll be sending it back and switching for a Z1.

Take a look at these photos taken from a blog site reviewing these three phones. I can positively say these are accurate images. For me the iPhone 5S wins on this occasion.

iPhone 5S
iphone-5s-portrait-01.jpg

Xperia Z1
sony-xperia-z1-portrait-01.jpg

Lumia 1020
nokia-lumia-portrait-01.jpg

SOURCE: iPhone 5s camera w/ True Tone flash vs Nokia Lumia 1020 & Sony?s Xperia Z1 | 9to5Mac

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
As I said, the overly yellow tint in Auto mode seems to be because in Auto (I don't know why Nokia did it this way), ISO is often very high (1000 or above). Set your flash to on and set ISO fixed to 400 and the yellow tint is completely gone.

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
i can understand but can't speak fluently in English i know. It's not insult me anymore. I don't ever been in high school. But my hobby reading English books 😊😊😊😊

Last edited:

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If people want to use the 1020 on Auto, use the stock camera app. If you are using Pro Cam you absolutely should be changing the settings.. and lol at people posting Iphone blogs on here starting trouble.

classicrokr

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The "yellow" problem occurs with both the ProCam and native camera application. It only occurs in certain lighting. It occurs with or without flash. I have made extensive "fiddles" with the adjustments (white balance, shutter speed, etc.) and while there are certainly variances - none are perfect. Outdoor pics - perfect in any lighting. Indoor pics - in certain lighting - perfect. But the yellowing happens frequently with typical indoor lighting such as the dog pics from another post early on this thread are very typical and cannot be corrected through settings. In the Nokia Support Discussions, a Nokia moderator entered that they have acknowledged this problem and are working on a fix...... but no timeline offered.

leecasey

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If people want to use the 1020 on Auto, use the stock camera app. If you are using Pro Cam you absolutely should be changing the settings.. and lol at people posting Iphone blogs on here starting trouble.

Clearly you are passionate about the 1020, but be careful not to turn into an angry ******. The photos are accurate photos. I did not post them to start trouble. I posted them to highlight the yellow tint issue which they clearly do.

Also your solution is a get around. I want t a fix. Auto in Pro Camera should work. Right now it does not work like it is supposed. Even Nokia have acknowledged that.

"If you are using Pro Cam you absolutely should be changing the settings." <- This is a ridiculous statement. Well done. If this was true there should NOT be an Auto Mode period. Think before you speak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077