09-27-2014 06:19 PM
135 12345 ...
tools
    3G is a battery hogger, only turn it on when needed, and see the difference.
    10-19-2013 08:40 AM
    i've switched to 2G only, will post the results
    10-19-2013 08:53 AM
    Do a soft reset already.
    10-19-2013 09:24 AM
    it been a 3 days since o got my lumia 1020, same issue here... battery on 100% charged reports only 12 hour of life, considering that i have turned off the wi-fi, BT, location, only 3G and soft-reset the phone. But problem remains the same :(
    Seems to be like in India. Which network you use?
    10-19-2013 12:22 PM
    I can guarantee Idea/BSNL/Aircel one of the three, rest others have decent network.
    A special case may be Voda/Airtel and he lives/works in a place which has network problems for Voda and Airtel.
    10-19-2013 12:34 PM
    I am using bsnl and it takes a lot battery.

And also do this method. Kill the battery and then recharge it full and use. Do the same for three time there will be a improvement , and also goto settings and do a reset and if you can do twice.

I did all this and now getting lesser drain than before, still reading a lots of post to know whether all other user getting same battery life.

I am going to make a thread where user can share their battery result.

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2013 01:34 PM
    I am using bsnl and it takes a lot battery.

And also do this method. Kill the battery and then recharge it full and use. Do the same for three time there will be a improvement , and also goto settings and do a reset and if you can do twice.

I did all this and now getting lesser drain than before, still reading a lots of post to know whether all other user getting same battery life.

I am going to make a thread where user can share their battery result.

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk
    I use Vodafone, BSNL is literally poor when it comes to connectivity, no doubt its affordable, but you get what you pay for ;)
    10-19-2013 01:41 PM
    Do a soft reset already.
    i already did and based on your suggestion switched to 2G as well... now the battery is 62%, its been almost 12 hours since the charging so i hope for the best :)

no its Geocell (Georgian network)
    10-19-2013 02:40 PM
    i already did and based on your suggestion switched to 2G as well... now the battery is 62%, its been almost 12 hours since the charging so i hope for the best :)
    Hahahah, made me laugh. I keep my 3G on always but I never complain of bad battery because I know what I am doing. If you want to like browse a website or videos, switch on 3G and switch it off once your task is done. Its a universal fact applicable to all phones that 3G will haunt your battery for life, when it starts to haunt, your battery runs for its life, at some point of time it stops due to panting and falls unconscious. If you know what I mean?
    10-20-2013 02:03 AM
    This second phone is still doing well. Got a day and a half with several photos, email, browsing and some sat nav. The night time photos are unbelievable good.
    Beware some of the battery apps can give errors after a few cycles with frequent charging. I had one where it said I only had 80% charge after a full recharge. I reset the stats, turned the phone on/off and it went back to 100%.
    10-20-2013 03:19 AM
    Hello

I'm experiencing battery drain on my 1020 aswell. This night I tried flightmode and then i had about 1,5% battery drain/hour which is very good. When i woke up i turned flight mode off, then i instantly started having 10%/hour drain on IDLE and no background apps on. I have even turned off data and 4g. What could cause this? ,my

I have glance, tap to wake up, xbox music/game, nokia music and everything turned off. I've gone through every tip i've found but nothing helps.

I've ordered a new sim card, my currently is about 2 years old. Can that be it?

Would appreciate help on this- Thanks

EDIT
    Now i have flight mode activated again and now its 6% discharge/hour on idle. WTF? :S
    Last edited by fieldbaker; 10-20-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    10-20-2013 07:56 AM
    Hello

I'm experiencing battery drain on my 1020 aswell. This night I tried flightmode and then i had about 1,5% battery drain/hour which is very good. When i woke up i turned flight mode off, then i instantly started having 10%/hour drain on IDLE and no background apps on. I have even turned off data and 4g. What could cause this? ,my

I have glance, tap to wake up, xbox music/game, nokia music and everything turned off. I've gone through every tip i've found but nothing helps.

I've ordered a new sim card, my currently is about 2 years old. Can that be it?

Would appreciate help on this- Thanks

EDIT
    Now i have flight mode activated again and now its 6% discharge/hour on idle. WTF? :S
    Check if you are signed in to facebook, if tap to send is on, if skype is working behind you, wifi also a hogger.
    10-20-2013 09:35 AM
    Check if you are signed in to facebook, if tap to send is on, if skype is working behind you, wifi also a hogger.
    I'm always connected to my wifi at home, that is a drain?
    10-20-2013 09:42 AM
    I'm always connected to my wifi at home, that is a drain?
    :/, it is.
    Also do this,
    Soft reset, let your device battery drop to around 20%, charge it to 100% from a wall unit using an official charger & cable, using a random charger is a bad idea, it can cause random problem at random times.
    10-20-2013 09:45 AM
    I noticed an improvement after using the charger that came in the box. I've been using the wireless charger all this while. I guess we need to occasionally use the wall charger to calibrate the battery. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk
    10-20-2013 10:18 AM
    I noticed an improvement after using the charger that came in the box. I've been using the wireless charger all this while. I guess we need to occasionally use the wall charger to calibrate the battery. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk
    Yes thats correct.
    10-20-2013 10:39 AM
    :/, it is.
    Also do this,
    Soft reset, let your device battery drop to around 20%, charge it to 100% from a wall unit using an official charger & cable, using a random charger is a bad idea, it can cause random problem at random times.
    I've done that and actually done a factory reset aswell. It did get a little better.

I was recently out for a walk and activated 3G, then my battery discharge rate was around 20+%. I went out with around 40% battery and 2 hours later it was dead. This can't be normal. All i did was take 1 photo. No other apps running or anything.
    10-20-2013 01:17 PM
    I've done that and actually done a factory reset aswell. It did get a little better.

I was recently out for a walk and activated 3G, then my battery discharge rate was around 20+%. I went out with around 40% battery and 2 hours later it was dead. This can't be normal. All i did was take 1 photo. No other apps running or anything.
    10-20-2013 02:15 PM

Am I in the same boat with my L720?
    Somewhat yes.

3G - Only switch on when needed
    Location - I turn that off
    Tap to Send - Only when needed
    Skype - Oh no, this baby is always hungry
    Facebook chat - I never use that, but it does eat battery

Always charge using a wall outlet using the original cable and charger.
    10-20-2013 11:22 PM
    I can't help but feel frustrated for some of you. You're having to turn off normal functions to get by with battery life. It's almost like it's not a smartphone if you're having to disable all those features.
    matthoms and Chazn like this.
    10-21-2013 08:27 PM
    Honestly, I don't use the original cables and charger. I bought a Samsung S4 charger. I get 1 day of battery with heavy, 2 days with medium, and 3 with light use. The phone charges in a matter of an hour and a half to 2 hours depending on usage while charging. I never have problems with the battery. I have 4 apps in the background, Bing sports and weather, Wpcentral, and 6tag. I have Facebook, twitter, Xbox games on, auto brightness on medium, WiFi always on, and 3 emails set to get emails as the arrive. I couldn't be happier with my 1020 battery. I make people jealous of my phone from two things: the battery and the camera. The charger makes a huge difference in the battery life I feel. They're only $8-12 on eBay.
    10-21-2013 08:42 PM
    If your phone lasts only a few hours (my 1st was dead after ~8 hours) swap it. My 2nd one is amazing:

- 3G On all the time even in areas of very poor reception. It does not drain the battery excessively when in a poor 3G area (its a myth).
    - WiFi On all the time.
    - Bluetooth - Off
    - Facebook, Twitter toasts alerts off.
    - The Football app that came with the phone background update disabled as this can poll every few seconds.
    - Bing Weather, Drive, Weather Alert, Week View 8 all running in the background nicely.
    - Email sync every hour.
    - Glance on timer setting.

After a day at work the phone battery hardly drops. Then a bit of surfing, a few photos, the odd game and still it lasts. However, when I had battery apps on it after a few charges they gave very odd readings. Not fully charging, massive discharges etc. I think they go out of calibration after a few charge cycles and need a phone reset.

My advice: If the phone is dead after 10 hours or less of light use, swap it, as like my first one, it is faulty. Also remove the any battery apps as these get you paranoid when they go out of calibration. Turn off a few things but I have not gone mad and I am getting over a days use.

Best of luck.
    10-22-2013 09:58 AM
    If your phone lasts only a few hours (my 1st was dead after ~8 hours) swap it. My 2nd one is amazing:

- 3G On all the time even in areas of very poor reception. It does not drain the battery excessively when in a poor 3G area (its a myth).
    - WiFi On all the time.
    - Bluetooth - Off
    - Facebook, Twitter toasts alerts off.
    - The Football app that came with the phone background update disabled as this can poll every few seconds.
    - Bing Weather, Drive, Weather Alert, Week View 8 all running in the background nicely.
    - Email sync every hour.
    - Glance on timer setting.

After a day at work the phone battery hardly drops. Then a bit of surfing, a few photos, the odd game and still it lasts. However, when I had battery apps on it after a few charges they gave very odd readings. Not fully charging, massive discharges etc. I think they go out of calibration after a few charge cycles and need a phone reset.

My advice: If the phone is dead after 10 hours or less of light use, swap it, as like my first one, it is faulty. Also remove the any battery apps as these get you paranoid when they go out of calibration. Turn off a few things but I have not gone mad and I am getting over a days use.

Best of luck.
    How many hours your phone left if you use it heavy and mild ?

With my mild usage I can reach only 1 day and 20% left.
    10-23-2013 05:24 AM
    2 hours of high HD gaming, some web stuff, email, plus a couple of calls. I still have 24% at the end of the day. This is so much better than my Lumia 800 could achieve.
    As an aside I tried the charger that came with the phone again and it charged to 100%. Last time I used it, with a Battery monitor app installed, it stopped at ~78%. So I think removing battery apps might also be advised. A shame because they could be very helpful.
    10-24-2013 02:38 PM
    There is an issue if you have twitter feeding your people hub...bing it up. Its posted the verge today
    10-24-2013 02:57 PM
135 12345 ...