How to deal with an impending, unavoidable picture/video tsunami? No pc connect possible

Plasbot

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The weekend before Halloween I will be attending a huge rave in Houston. There are going to be crowds of elaborate, colorful costumes, light shows... you know it's a rave and it's a Halloween rave! I am so glad I bought this phone with it's magnificent camera. We will probably be there for at least 6 hours and I plan to take hundreds of pics and videos. I want to use maximum resolution but I am afraid I will run out of space quickly on this 32gb phone. Especially if taking videos. They don't allow anything inside except small items so there is no way to lug a laptop or tablet in there and so won't be able to offload stuff with the data cable. I know I'm going to run out of space at some point and I expect the later it gets the weirder it will get in there.
Any ideas?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A simple idea that you might not like too much.

Don't use the phone, use a proper compact digital instead.

At this kind of event, your stylishly expensive phone may well do any one of the following:-

* Run out of battery juice
* Get dropped
* Get stamped on after being dropped
* Get lost
* Get stolen
* Run out of storage

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If you burn through all the devices memory in 6hrs, I'll be impressed. That, and you'll be taking so many pics/vids, I'm not sure how you could actually enjoy the event.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Bitrate of 1080p 30fps video recorded by the 1020 is 20.3Mbps, which equates to 9.1GB/hour. If your 32GB phone is pretty empty you should have 20-25GB of free space, which is enough for about 2 to 2.5 hours of video. That may or may not be a lot depending on your situation.

If you want to take a lot of video, consider shooting at 720p instead.

Plasbot

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok I guess I'm overreacting, 20 GB would be hard to fill that fast. I'm going to get the camera grip that's an excellent idea. The phone came with a lanyard loop so maybe I can attach it to a retractable id reel.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Immediately delete any photos and videos which don't make the grade. Easier said than done when you want to keep taking shots but perhaps when you're having a break go through the gallery to weed out any weak images.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720