Time to upgrade, but the fear rises

RaphaelChaia

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
First world problem here.
I owned a Lumia 920, and sold it this week looking forward to buy a 1020. But there are somethings that scares the hell out of me. I had a few issues with my 920: overheating, freezes, reboots, and the last one was the famous infinite cogs spinning after a factory reset. I?ve started reading about the 1020 and I noticed the same problems with it.
Why I am scared?
Im from Brazil. Buying a 1020 in the USA as Im planning could put me in a hard situation. I bought my 920 here, so I had Nokia support here (a freaking great support, by the way, true story). That wont happen with the 1020.
My question is: should I wait till WP and the upcoming Lumias solve this issues? Or it is worth the risk? I really like the WP, it?s the best OS that I used in years, love to sync it with my Surface and my note? But Im just afraid =/ What do you guys think?

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
That's really a tough one to answer. I love my 1020, but I've heard about these problems and it seems like it's just luck of the draw if you don't have any issues. If you're wondering if the phone itself is great, it is. But I can't promise you it won't have these problems as I've had a few minor problems myself. Nothing major like the random battery drains, but I have had it freeze once and sometimes I have to reboot it before it'll register it has a full charge.

99% of the time it's perfectly fine, but others have it worse than I do so I'm not sure what is actually typical for this phone. There are several great non-Nokia phones if you want to try something different though. Supposedly there's a WP version of the HTC One coming, and there's the HTC 8X in the mean time. Also the Samsung Ativ S is a nice but sadly overlooked Windows Phone

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The issues with the 920 are present to a degree with the 1020. The common thread with these is the operating system - not much has changed between the 920 and 1020. Sure the 1020 has another gig of RAM and the 41MP camera, but those hardware changes don't make it radically different than the 920. I've had the lightning bolt / gears icon. I've had some freezes and reboots. However I've also reset my device after those incidents and they have not been repeated. I also only install a core set of applications that tend to be more OS friendly than most.

If support is your issue, and I suspect it is enough of one otherwise you wouldn't pose the question here to the community, stick with the 920 for now.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Most of these issues are probably never going to be solved, so waiting is not a great option. Better to either deal with the issues or use something else that doesn't have them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)