Rogers 1020 is Pentaband

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Rogers 1020 with Wind. Everything works fine except for Internet sharing. When I try to switch it on I get the following message : "Connection not Shared. There's no mobile data connection to share at the moment. Check your mobile settings and signal, and try again." Not sure what the cause could be, but it would be nice to know if others face a similar problem.

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The phone most definitely is pentaband. I picked it up from Rogers in Montreal and unlocked it to work with Videotron.

The only two things are RECEIVING mms and that it bounces the display between 3G and 4G constantly. Not entirely sure why, my APN settings are perfect and I can send them, but cannot receive (little bit of an annoyance) and the other thing is just bizarre.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Rogers 1020 with Wind. Everything works fine except for Internet sharing. When I try to switch it on I get the following message : "Connection not Shared. There's no mobile data connection to share at the moment. Check your mobile settings and signal, and try again." Not sure what the cause could be, but it would be nice to know if others face a similar problem.

have you tried this yet? Trouble with Internet Sharing on Win Phone? Try out this DIY solution | Windows Phone Central

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I'm not exactly sure how to carry out the second solution. Those instructions are a bit vague. I have a feeling that the feature may have been locked by Rogers.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That is my worry to. It is on my L900. I just bought a Rogers L1020 but haven't opened and unlocked yet, trying to get some kind of confirmation that Internet Sharing will work on SaskTel as i still have the ability to return it.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So, the picture shows model number RM-877, which is as far as I know, the same model number that AT&T is selling as non-pentaband. What gives?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Not to keep derailing your thread, but is that possible? If so, how?

I believe this is ATT's black version's code 059s9t1

replace it with the rogers one. I remembered there was a guide to how to flash the EU developer's 920's rom to other 920s

Did you unlock over the internet?

Yes I did.

I'll have to test the internet sharing option because I don't have access to wind/mobilicty sim card 24/7 -_- which is a bummer

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So, the picture shows model number RM-877, which is as far as I know, the same model number that AT&T is selling as non-pentaband. What gives?
That's the model number on the box. When you open extras+info in the phone settings it actually shows RM-877_nam_canada_234 which indicates that it is a variant of the RM-877 model. I'm on Wind and have been using the phone for 4 days now. I can confirm that it is pentaband.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is Rogers still doing the $50 unlock fee, or are you guys unlocking from third party sources?

Ya Rogers will do it for $50, although they say you have to be a customer. I'm going to try cellunlocker.net, says my code is available and for only $8. One thing to note is Rogers says on their site that warranty is retained if you unlock through Rogers. Pretty sure it doesn't actually void Nokia warranty, i think Rogers just wants your money so they try to imply that any other way you will void warranty.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my 8X and 521 unlocked on cellunlocker.net. The first took a couple of days to get me the unlock code, but the 521 took over a month. Sure, it worked first time, but they were a bit slow.

Kurtis Fox

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I could probably just go in with my girlfriend since she's a customer, then? lol That seems rather silly. I'm always wary of websites though, so that's why I'm asking.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

Good news. Internet sharing is working.

I have just tested with my friends Wind sim card. At first it didn't and have me no data connection but when I switched it to 3G from LTE in the mobile setting.

Try that and let me know

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

Good news. Internet sharing is working.

I have just tested with my friends Wind sim card. At first it didn't and have me no data connection but when I switched it to 3G from LTE in the mobile setting.

Try that and let me know

It's reassuring to know that you got it to work. Were there any other steps involved? I currently have my "highest connection speed" set to 3G since Wind doesn't support LTE but it still says there's no internet connection when I try to turn on internet sharing. I also tried setting the connection to 3G using the hidden field test menu with no luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo