Rogers 1020 is Pentaband

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It's reassuring to know that you got it to work. Were there any other steps involved? I currently have my "highest connection speed" set to 3G since Wind doesn't support LTE but it still says there's no internet connection when I try to turn on internet sharing. I also tried setting the connection to 3G using the hidden field test menu with no luck.

Yes, I forgot to mentioned that, when the first time I tried it and it didn't work and get the "no internet connection" message. I went into the access point option in settings. Wind will appear and be active, press on it and try again.

I usually have to do that step when I'm back to Rogers and want LTE as it doesn't seem to automatically do it even if it's on LTE setting in Mobile Network.

Strangis

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to add that the TELUS 1020 has the same bands listed, and the model reports as RM-877_nam_canada_235 in the extra info.

telus1020box.jpg

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So far Rogers has been pretty decent for providing updates, how about TELUS? Have always gone for Rogers variants for pentaband use so haven't been keeping an eye on how they handle updates.

Strangis

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's much difference in their update schedules. Maybe a week or two difference. This is totally anecdotal, but whenever I got an update for my TELUS Lumia 800, a co-worker with a Focus on Rogers would get it soon after. In one case he got his update a few days before me.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So far Rogers has been pretty decent for providing updates, how about TELUS? Have always gone for Rogers variants for pentaband use so haven't been keeping an eye on how they handle updates.

Rogers never did release the latest firmware update for the L900 though (that I believe was to come with WP7.8) - perhaps that was fault of Nokia. Because of that I was never able to use Nokia Bluetooth Share app (can't recall what else was in the 8858 update).
Availability in North America - Nokia

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have tested my phone with a Mobilicity sim and internet sharing definitely does work as seen below.

20131008_173854.jpg

Change the speed to 3G

then go to Access Point settings and just wait till your carrier shows up. It'll say active, just tap on it anyway and try Internet Sharing.

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Change the speed to 3G

then go to Access Point settings and just wait till your carrier shows up. It'll say active, just tap on it anyway and try Internet Sharing.

I followed your steps exactly, but no luck. Could it be something to do with the way I unlocked the phone? I used a code from cellunlocker.net.
Anyways, I rarely use internet sharing so its not all bad, still would be nice to get that feature working.

lcapv

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Michael, which store in Montreal did you went to? Apparently, some Rogers store will only sell to existing Rogers customer... and I would like not to have to try all the stores around to find one where I can buy the phone!

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Michael, which store in Montreal did you went to? Apparently, some Rogers store will only sell to existing Rogers customer... and I would like not to have to try all the stores around to find one where I can buy the phone!

I hear its best to buy at a Microsoft store. Should look for one in your area.

jf_saltarin

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, guys. New here.

So, does it mean that an unlocked Rogers 1020 will work with a 4G network that transmits in the 700 band? My Puerto Rican carrier uses that band for 4G and I want an unbranded Lumia 1020. I read Rogers doesn't brand the 1020.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys. New here.

So, does it mean that an unlocked Rogers 1020 will work with a 4G network that transmits in the 700 band? My Puerto Rican carrier uses that band for 4G and I want an unbranded Lumia 1020. I read Rogers doesn't brand the 1020.

Sorry no one has answered your question. Yes that is correct. The unlocked Rogers 1020 will work with your carrier's LTE band. You can lookup a pic online of the box. It lists the 700 band.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Why is it so difficult to buy a Rogers or TELUS 1020 in the US? I really want to get one for T-Mobile to replace my rogers 920. Negri has rogers 1020 for 688 which seems too expensive plus it's on backorder. Can't really find one on eBay either. No wonder the 1020 isn't selling well.

gripr

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking about buying from OmegaCell. I live in the US and use T-Mobile as my phone provider. Has anybody here purchased from OmegaCell?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss