Turning off cellulardata(UK), no cellular in settings,cant post in thread body, keybrd wont stay up

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Sorry about that, I'm on my iPad now, so I can actually type in the message box.

Tried this morning on my 1020, but whilst I could type in the title box and put smileys in the main message box, the keyboard would pop up and immediately go down again if I tried to type a message. So I tried (and obviously failed) to fit my query into the title.

Anyway my original question was how do I turn off cellular data on a 1020. I've found instructions on the net, but they say for US phones. I don't seem to have the cellular option in settings. I have a sim free UK phone running on Three.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok, found the answer to my own question! Data connection can be turned off in settings under mobile network, which is obviously the UK version of cellular.
Still no idea how I can post here using my phone though, bit ironic not being able to post on a windows phone forum, with a windows phone lol.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Huh.?.?.? That is an odd one.. So, you tapped in the main message field, put smileys, had the cursor blinking, but when you touched a letter, the keyboard went away?? I have had no issues like this with my 8X, but I remember that some of the early L920s as well as a few WP7s that did the disappearing keyboard trick. Is it only here on the WPC app(?) that's giving you the issue??

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh, glad you got the data issue fingered out. You Brits and your funny sayings. Don't you folks speak American over there?? 8P

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Juanitoriv- yep, that's right. But it's working now, go figure. Might just be when starting a thread?

Don't you folks speak American over there

No, we speak a proper language ;) :p

Edited to say, still having problems, keyboard disappears on editing and emoticons pop up won't go away (and the back button doesn't work). Only happens on this forum...but only in IE, using UC browser now and it seems fine.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb