Failed Hard Reset?!

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
So I attempted to do a full wipe/hard reset on my Nokia 1020.. I thought it was working until it restarted and now goes to a WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER screen. Am I completely screwed now? I don't understand how I can't even force-reset the phone. This is really upsetting and I don't know what to do.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup! When I connect, the computer will recognize there's a device plugged in but I can't access it at all. It also causes the phone to reboot like once every minute, which just goes back to Windows Boot Manager.

have you tried a combination of the power and volume down or the vol up buttons?
Is the phone fully charged?
You could always try deleting the drivers on your pc and get windows to re recognise your handset

Try a couple and let us know, always worth trying things so anyone else looking knows we have already eliminated some things

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I tried countless soft resets until I finally tried a hard reset. After the hard reset failed, I've been stuck with the Windows Boot Manager screen.

I reinstalled the drivers too and it didn't do anything. The phone is inaccessible from the computer and just boots to WBM when I restart it.

This sucks.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Some things i can find for you to try also is holding power cam and vol down buttons to force a hard reset or power and vol down buttons for a soft reset or use the Nokia care suite to reflash it although im unsure of what ncs is as i have an 8x try it buddy and let me know.

Cheers

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have also found this please try also and let me know if it works

Cheers

1. Disconnect your phone from the charger.

2. Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

3. Press the following keys in order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally I'd get it replaced, not sure how comfortable I'd be keeping it always wondering about the next reset.

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have also found this please try also and let me know if it works

Cheers

1. Disconnect your phone from the charger.

2. Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

3. Press the following keys in order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.

That is what I did to perform a hard reset, which resulted in the phone completely bricking on me. It now only boots to a Windows Boot Manager error screen and nothing more. I am no longer able to get to the exclamation point screen.

I haven't heard of anyone else with a 1020 encountering this issue. Very disappointed right now.

I'm stuck in college for a few more weeks and unable to get to a Microsoft or AT&T to try and get a replacement. If I can't fix the phone myself, I am screwed big time.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That is what I did to perform a hard reset, which resulted in the phone completely bricking on me. It now only boots to a Windows Boot Manager error screen and nothing more. I am no longer able to get to the exclamation point screen.

I haven't heard of anyone else with a 1020 encountering this issue. Very disappointed right now.

I'm stuck in college for a few more weeks and unable to get to a Microsoft or AT&T to try and get a replacement. If I can't fix the phone myself, I am screwed big time.
In that case then i would agree i would get it replaced , i went through 3 8x's for different reasons for them not working correctly. I do however wonder why you would reset the handset in this way when you could have done it through the os itself.

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The reason I did it this way is because I had no way of accessing the OS itself. The phone was stuck on a blue screen and would not boot up no matter how many times I soft reset it. So my only option was to hard reset it, which evidently failed too.

The blue screen was my first issue which ended up with a WBM screen. No matter what I've tried, I've been unable to get the OS loaded.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

In that case leave the phone on but unplugged and let the battery completely drain dead overnight. The next day (assuming the phone no longer vibrates or turns on when you press the power button) plug the phone in and if you're very lucky it will get further. Otherwise, you may want to consider shipping it to the nearest service center. Good luck.

Berlant Derek

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I have lumia 920 and I hand reset it, but the mistake I made was when the phone was reseting at the screem the setting logo was showing and the was prossing I now remove the use I plug to me system cause I wanted to remove my sim card and use it in another so all I see the phone just show battery sign and it off I try to plug it back to the usb I plug to me system the phone couldn't start up again please I need help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12