Will instagram ever be available on the lumia 1020?

violentsharts

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been holding off on getting the 1020 because I've read that it doesn't support instagram. I've heard it runs an alternative program called uggi or some weird name, but have no idea how that works.

Can someone who owns a 1020 explain to me how they use their instagram on it? Is it a seperate app all together? Can you follow people with normal instagram accounts? Or do they have to have the windows version of instagram?

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
There are some great 3rd party instagram apps. 6tag and instance are great! 6tag in particular is much better than the normal app on other platforms. They perform just as the normal app and require nothing special than the original.

violentsharts

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I currently own a nokia lumia 900 and searched for 6tag. I couldn't find it available in the marketplace for some reason. The other apps want you to pay for them...

Does anyone know when 6tag will be made available for the windows 7x phones?

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I currently own a nokia lumia 900 and searched for 6tag. I couldn't find it available in the marketplace for some reason. The other apps want you to pay for them...

I don't think it will be. But it really is a great app.

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Search it via ie i don't think if has redirect to store..wp7 i don't like not upgradeable can't add more features on it for future updates.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

The ddeveloper said he's working on it, but no ETA. Download "#2instawithlove" its available for 7.8

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
6tag from what I have noticed is on par if not better than the official instagram app on iphone. It does have ads unfortunately but the developer has to get some source of income as well as an additional feature of uploading videos for a small fee (they stated the money would go towards better servers for uploading and such). So far so good with it though. I have used the other major apps such as instance and oggl but 6tag seems to be the best with the most frequent updates.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
6tag is good. But is still a 3rd party. Any changes to APIs by Instagram, will mean hiccups for Windows Phone users. Is always to have official apps from the service providers.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
6tag is good. But is still a 3rd party. Any changes to APIs by Instagram, will mean hiccups for Windows Phone users. Is always to have official apps from the service providers.

true it is 3rd party but Instagram hasn't changed their API in a while. If you are worried about that then it will only be a few hours or maybe a day until the developer fixes it. The developer is hands on and updated his apps frequently.

There are instagram features available in the API that the official app doesn't have like "regram"

I wouldn't worry about am API changing in the decision to purchase your phone.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb