10-09-2013 07:59 PM
41 12
tools
    Hey guys, I've been holding off on getting the 1020 because I've read that it doesn't support instagram. I've heard it runs an alternative program called uggi or some weird name, but have no idea how that works.

Can someone who owns a 1020 explain to me how they use their instagram on it? Is it a seperate app all together? Can you follow people with normal instagram accounts? Or do they have to have the windows version of instagram?
    10-05-2013 10:33 PM
    There are some great 3rd party instagram apps. 6tag and instance are great! 6tag in particular is much better than the normal app on other platforms. They perform just as the normal app and require nothing special than the original.
    10-05-2013 10:39 PM
    Use 6tag, it does even more than official apps on other platforms. 6tag | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    10-05-2013 10:43 PM
    I currently own a nokia lumia 900 and searched for 6tag. I couldn't find it available in the marketplace for some reason. The other apps want you to pay for them...

Does anyone know when 6tag will be made available for the windows 7x phones?
    10-05-2013 11:30 PM
    I currently own a nokia lumia 900 and searched for 6tag. I couldn't find it available in the marketplace for some reason. The other apps want you to pay for them...

I don't think it will be. But it really is a great app.
    violentsharts likes this.
    10-05-2013 11:33 PM
    6tag load faster than my original instagram in my Android phone loadinggggggggg.......๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž
    10-05-2013 11:39 PM
    Search it via ie i don't think if has redirect to store..wp7 i don't like not upgradeable can't add more features on it for future updates.
    10-05-2013 11:43 PM

The ddeveloper said he's working on it, but no ETA. Download "#2instawithlove" its available for 7.8
    10-05-2013 11:45 PM
    I have 7.10

hmm,,,
    10-06-2013 12:54 AM
    6tag from what I have noticed is on par if not better than the official instagram app on iphone. It does have ads unfortunately but the developer has to get some source of income as well as an additional feature of uploading videos for a small fee (they stated the money would go towards better servers for uploading and such). So far so good with it though. I have used the other major apps such as instance and oggl but 6tag seems to be the best with the most frequent updates.
    xandros9 and Deutscher2 like this.
    10-06-2013 01:04 AM
    6tag is best. It has got features not even available on official app.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
    10-06-2013 01:20 AM
    6tag is best. It has got features not even available on official app.

You'll be happy to know that Instagram will start having ads in the future. Okay, maybe not.

But, that's for the official app.
    nohra likes this.
    10-06-2013 01:21 AM
    is there an option to buy 6tag so you dont have any ads?
    10-06-2013 02:17 AM
    is there an option to buy 6tag so you dont have any ads?

Yes, there is two IAPs.
    One disable the ads and second one enable the video uploads.

xandros9 and violentsharts like this.
    10-06-2013 02:24 AM
    6tag is definitely the best. You just sign in with your Instagram account and bam... You're in there!
    10-06-2013 06:15 AM
    6tag is brilliant. Better than the official app on the iPhone.
    violentsharts and rdubmu like this.
    10-06-2013 09:19 AM
    6tag is good. But is still a 3rd party. Any changes to APIs by Instagram, will mean hiccups for Windows Phone users. Is always to have official apps from the service providers.
    10-06-2013 09:26 AM
    6tag is good. But is still a 3rd party. Any changes to APIs by Instagram, will mean hiccups for Windows Phone users. Is always to have official apps from the service providers.

true it is 3rd party but Instagram hasn't changed their API in a while. If you are worried about that then it will only be a few hours or maybe a day until the developer fixes it. The developer is hands on and updated his apps frequently.

There are instagram features available in the API that the official app doesn't have like "regram"

I wouldn't worry about am API changing in the decision to purchase your phone.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    cckgz4 likes this.
    10-06-2013 10:10 AM
    6tag is the only one I trust with the hashtag and flagging accounts drama also.
    10-06-2013 12:56 PM
    i have no idea what either of those things are lol. maybe thats a good thing.
    10-06-2013 01:04 PM
    Ugh, I hate how tech blogs keep spreading the lie that Windows Phone doesn't have Instagram. We've got plenty of great third party apps (most popular seems to be 6tag, but plenty of other great ones, from what I hear [I don't use Instagram]), plus we know have official Instagram support via Oggl and Oggl Pro.

The Lumia 1020 is a great phone, I love mine with all my heart and my soul. Just searching "Instagram" in the marketplace yields tons of results, so Instagram apps aren't hard to find. I highly recommend the Lumia 1020, it's a great phone, you won't be disappointed.
    nohra and violentsharts like this.
    10-06-2013 05:39 PM
    At this point someone just needs to call out most these devs on the fact that the only reason they don't want to make apps for WP8 is mostly BS politics. Just look at the tech press these days- so much biased reporting and anti-MS/WP hate from fanboy bloggers and journalists (cnet, verge, engadget being some of the biggest offenders). Some are even outwardly hostile like Google (refusing to make official apps, blocking MS's youtube app, delaying release of ad mob sdk for WP8 devs for several months). Isn't it safe to assume that many Devs operate in the same way after 3 years on the market? MS has gone out of its way to make app development simple enough, even to the point where you can easily make an app available on Win8, WinRT, and WP8 with some minor adjustments (3rd party developers are able to create better looking/functioning apps than official versions as well). Multiple studies have shown that WP8 customers spend more on apps than more frugal Android customers as well. Plus WP has shown positive growth year over year. So the same excuses of market share, profitability, and difficulty to develop for are really flimsy when used over and over. Even Android gets put on the backburner as well, despite it having a massively larger market share than iOS.

I've only seen 1 dev provide a legitimate excuse for not having an app out, and that was snapchat under the reason they needed an API that would be in GDR3 in order to provide the same level of privacy as iOS and Android (preventing screenshots being taken). If one man (Rudy) can create an awesome 3rd party instagram and vine app, why is it so hard for all these other devs and companies- many that make 10's of millions to billions a year in profit- to assign even a few measly interns to write or port their apps to WP?

Just professional trolling and fanboys at this point from most these guys.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    10-06-2013 05:57 PM
    Wow. I've only had my windows phone for a year but I see what your talking about. It's good that your saying these things out in the open to help people like me learn what's going on and hopefully open up eyes of other people as well. It'll only take time for people to realize what a quality product WP are.
    10-06-2013 11:40 PM
    I use Instance which is pretty good (and free)
    10-07-2013 05:27 AM
    6tag is even better than official instagram on other platforms.
    Instance and inpic are also the other options.
    I think WP user doesn't need official app for instagram !
    10-07-2013 05:50 AM
41 12