Things I need to ask before I decide on Nokia 1020

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello
I have narrowed down my phone replacement to Iphone 5S and Nokia 1020

I currently have a Nokia N8 and although I hated Nokia for not releasing Symbian Belle in North America, I am considering a Nokia 1020 to replace my N8.

A few things I need to make sure of.

1. Music player song organization: VERY IMPORTANT!!
I use my phone as a primary media player, I want to be able to organize songs into artists, albums, and have a album art for each songs.
I have an Ipod Classic and I know how easy it is to change song names, artist names, album names, and add album art on ITunes. I also like the fact that I can organize songs that are already in my Ipod, so here I know Iphone will be easy for organizing songs.

So how easy is it to organize song info on Nokia 1020, according to the artist names and such? Nokia N8 sucked for organizing songs.

2. Camera Delay and Camera beep sound
I know Nokia 1020 takes amazing photos and so did Nokia N8, but Nokia N8 was a bit too slow to turn the camera on, and it sucked for taking multiple shots in quick succession (for sports photos). I know Nokia 1020 does not have Iphone's burst shooting, but how is the camera startup time & burst mode shots? Also, can I disable the shutter sound on Nokia 1020, when I take the photos?

Those would be my two things I need to know before I decide on Nokia 1020 or Iphone 5s.

So why don't I just go for an iphone?
= I am a Windows PC user (tried the Mac OS, but could not get any work done), and I would rather have a single ecosystem rather than having a windows computer and a Iphone.

Thanks for all your help!

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
1. I no longer use the built in music player but when I did with my old Surround, syncing with the Zune software was easy and worked just as well if not better at finding album artwork and titles as iTunes. I know that other people have had difficulty making playlists on the phone itself which I wouldn't mind because it would be rather tedious scrolling through thousands of songs to make a playlist instead of using the computer.
2. When I used the 1020 at the AT&T store on launch day there was a delay when starting up the nokia pro cam app (about 1-1.5 seconds). I am not sure if this has changed with an update or not but I have heard that there is no delay when using the stock camera app. I use the stock one on my 920 and it starts up every time without a hitch. Regarding the burst mode, Proshot is a photography app which allows for this but it costs $1.99. Also the shutter sound can be turned on or off depending on your preference. Best of luck with your decision.

RainbowSeven

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
2 --> Nokia Smart Cam (not Pro Cam! confusion...) enables taking multiple pictures and selecting the best one etc. so it's possible out of the box without buying anything

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
2 --> Nokia Smart Cam (not Pro Cam! confusion...) enables taking multiple pictures and selecting the best one etc. so it's possible out of the box without buying anything

Ive found the blink app better for burst mode shots. Granted it hasn't got the options of smart cam - but for a dedicated burst mode that can be stitiched together to make gifs and short animations its pretty good and quick to launch

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
1. You can just organize the songs on the computer with whichever software you like, iTunes, Zune, mp3tag, you name it. Then you can just drag and drop it to the phone in windows explorer, or use the windows phone pc software.
On the Lumia itself, you cannot edit the ID3 tags of the existing songs. The only thing you can do is add album art to it. I use an app called mpatool. I don't think there's an app out there now that can edit ID3 tags..

2. Like the posts above me mentioned, Nokia Smart Cam and Microsoft Research's BLINK both work. I think BLINK is easier to use too.

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Not only that, Smart Cam can also "multiple-expose" burst shots of the ones you picked into one photo. Or, if your subjects blinked their eyes at different shots, or had better expressions on different burst shots, you can pick and combine them effortlessly. So, it can do burst shots, plus a lot more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)