Group texting issue

Eddy the Ed

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I got my Nokia Lumi1 1020 about 2 weeks ago. I''m switching from iPhone 4. Whenever I try to text my family (they all have iPhones) I get a can't send message response. This keeps happening over and over. Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nokia Lumi1 1020 about 2 weeks ago. I''m switching from iPhone 4. Whenever I try to text my family (they all have iPhones) I get a can't send message response. This keeps happening over and over. Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks!

Group texts on Windows Phone requires an active mobile data connection to function. It actually sends and receives using MMS, so unless you have MMS included in your plan/contract it can be an expensive way to keep in touch with friends and family.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Could it be that since you had an iPhone, that your family (having iPhones) are still trying to use 'iMessage'? I had a similar experience with conversations carried over from iPhone to windows phone 8. Try to get your family to delete your conversation, make sure they have your number including area code, and start a new thread. Should kick over to SMS/MMS instead of iMessage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6