10-16-2013 11:20 PM
72 123
tools
    Always on is now done, btw. Not sure if she is being transferred, leaving, or fired.
    Really hope it's the last one...
    10-08-2013 11:45 PM
    Well, being on Windows Phone makes me happy that we don't have people like her on the platform...
    10-08-2013 11:57 PM
    What is amazing is that she tried hard to break it. She didn't think that it would survive the berry test, but it did turn on and touch screen was also working after that.
    Even after throwing 3-4 times, she was forced to say that there was hardly any physical damage.
    Though I won't be surprised that they actually didn't soak it in rice or tried to dry it though they claim that they did so for several weeks.
    That's the part, I doubt they are dishonest.
    Reason: If it was working after the water test, then it should have been working after drying test unless it died after drop test, but they actually didn't show if they tried turning
    on after drop test.
    So, there is obvious bias, but still she was not able to troll 1020 the way she would have liked. :)
    10-09-2013 12:46 AM
    I AM GETTING SICK OF CNET'S BIASED REVIEWS. They did a torture test on the 1020 so they soaked it in blueberries like you were making wine instead of water damage and stepped on it, and the to get the blueberries off they soaked it really well in water! WTF!!
    YOU NEED TO WATCH THE VIDEO
    Where does CNET get their ideas for that test ? None of its practical.

At most for the water and liquid test I would have put it in the pocket of jeans or any pants and leave it in the rain. (at most the pants would get soaked but its nothing close to pure water. (this imitates if it would survive in your pocket if you got soaked in a thunder storm) if I felt really horrible I'd leave it in heavy rain for an hour or two (at least this shows if you are safe using your phone in the rain)

Drop test: phone would fall from chest hight (how much higher do you hold the phone ? Also who in the world throws their phone ? If someone gets hit buy a car and the phone flys out of their pocket, I'm pretty sure the phone is the least of their concerns-making throwing the phone a pointless impractical test)

I only know of one phone that could survive that (nokia 3310- fell in pools, toilets and ran perfectly) oh and there's the entire range of Sony's waterproof handsets as well...those are the only handsets that should qualify for a test like that.
    10-09-2013 03:16 AM
    Does these people only eat APPLE.. Someone feed them BANANA :D
    LMZR likes this.
    10-09-2013 03:17 AM
    for the completeness sake :)

should have slid it front down instead :D
    SwimSwim likes this.
    10-09-2013 04:11 AM
    Really hope it's the last one...
    It is. She said it in the long episode of always on.
    10-09-2013 07:54 AM
    Dont let them troll you, and dont give them anymore views, every view to them = more $$
    10-09-2013 08:35 AM
    My Nokia Lumia 1020 with imaging grip installed fell off a shelf onto a concrete floor from at least 5', not even a scratch. I've also dropped it at least a dozen times from lower heights, still looks and works like it is brand new. Real world use, real world results. Looking forward to the 8.1 update. A TD Bank app would be nice too.
    10-09-2013 08:47 AM
    Most media outlets are in bed with apple, I would take these 'Reviews' with a grain of salt
    10-09-2013 08:51 AM
    My Nokia Lumia 1020 with imaging grip installed fell off a shelf onto a concrete floor from at least 5', not even a scratch. I've also dropped it at least a dozen times from lower heights, still looks and works like it is brand new. Real world use, real world results. Looking forward to the 8.1 update. A TD Bank app would be nice too.
    While I can attest to the durability of the 1020, be wary of those corners. The device is pretty tough and resilient, but the corners are its weak spot. I managed to crack on by dropping it (accidentally, of course) in a parking lot, right on the top left corner.

It's a tough little thing, but those corners can kill.
    10-09-2013 08:58 AM
    I can only imagine the no of page views that have increased after this.
    10-09-2013 09:05 AM
    Always on is now done, btw. Not sure if she is being transferred, leaving, or fired.
    she's probably being promoted.... I mean its cnet
    10-09-2013 09:56 AM
    she's probably being promoted.... I mean its cnet
    Maybe, maybe not.
    10-09-2013 10:19 AM
    10-09-2013 10:30 AM
    There are two websites that I completely ignore when it comes to reviews: Cnet and Techradar. Neither has the slightest clue on how to conduct a fair review. They're isheep........sad, sad, tiny minded isheep.......
    10-09-2013 11:51 AM
    No, she is leaving cnet.
    If it wasn't in such bad form(and cause I don't feel like doing it haha) I'd create a cnet account just to say good riddance cause she did a horrible job reviewing WP devices.
    wapoz likes this.
    10-09-2013 11:55 AM
    Tomorrows headline: "iPhone survives every torture test others failed".

Of course the iPhone had a waterproof and drop protection case an inch thick, but they won't mention that.
    wapoz, unstoppablekem and multo like this.
    10-09-2013 01:28 PM
    lol, worst video i ever seen!
    10-09-2013 01:59 PM
    In all fairness, however, they did fail the iPhone 5 in its test, and when the iPhone 5, iPad Mini and the second new iPad, erm, the new new iPad? The New iPad 2? Uhh.... Anyways, she went on a long winded rant about how Apple is just being money hungry by changing the connector cables, just to reap profit. So she's not all bad. Her bias against Windows Phone disgusts me, but at least she has sense some of the time.
    10-09-2013 02:39 PM
    In all fairness, however, they did fail the iPhone 5 in its test, and when the iPhone 5, iPad Mini and the second new iPad, erm, the new new iPad? The New iPad 2? Uhh.... Anyways, she went on a long winded rant about how Apple is just being money hungry by changing the connector cables, just to reap profit. So she's not all bad. Her bias against Windows Phone disgusts me, but at least she has sense some of the time.
    Wasn't she just echoing the sentiments of many other iFans at the time?
    10-09-2013 02:49 PM
    lol, worst video i ever seen!
    I take it you haven't seen Gigli?
    10-09-2013 02:57 PM
    10-09-2013 03:29 PM
    Wasn't she just echoing the sentiments of many other iFans at the time?
    Most iFans I knew were praising the fact that it's reversible and going on about how it's all digital. They didn't know what they meant, of course, but they sure as hell were excited about it.
    10-09-2013 04:12 PM
    Most iFans I knew were praising the fact that it's reversible and going on about how it's all digital. They didn't know what they meant, of course, but they sure as hell were excited about it.
    I've read plenty of criticism from long time and loyal iFans who weren't happy with the change.

I think she was just doing her bit to side with the voice of the people (iFans) without stepping too far out of line to Apple.
    10-09-2013 04:21 PM
72 123