Another bad cnet review of the 1020

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
They did a bad water test of the 900 too. They took out the sim tray and he fell in a pool, and put it I'm a bag of rice for only 20 MINUTES! They put the iPhone and galaxies for more than 24 hours! iCnet...

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I AM GETTING SICK OF CNET'S BIASED REVIEWS. They did a torture test on the 1020 so they soaked it in blueberries like you were making wine instead of water damage and stepped on it, and the to get the blueberries off they soaked it really well in water! WTF!!
YOU NEED TO WATCH THE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqyHDUVdcMM

CNET trolled you.

No one expects a phone to survive that treatment.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have no respect for CNET. They have a continual ad on ESPN that links to an article that reads "Blackberry 10 driving business away from competitors."

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Well,

I understand the justifiable negativity to the report, so feel burdened to make one positive comment about it..

The banjo music at the beginning was very appropos to the overal quality of this review..

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
CNET's logic: IPhone in water for 30 seconds = pulverizing the 1020 in wine, then covering it with water.

I say we march on CNET's main office in NY. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand... how is this even a test... if you tried throwing the iphone like she did it would crack on the first bounce... also submerge any phone that isnt either the galaxy active or something treated with liquipel and the chances of it working are slim...

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
OP: If these types of reviews fustrate you then why are you still visiting the site? There is nothing you can do to contol or stop it from happening. That goes for any of the bogus review sites out there. Best thing to do is simply get them out of your life. You will be a much happier person.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
it hurts windows phone perception to new smartphone buyers!

I dunno. Cnet are well known for having bias towards iOS and Apple products and there are so many other sites out there that provide more balanced feedback and tests of devices.

I think Cnet are just catering for themselves. I honestly don't think they'll be changing many people's minds on a WP purchase...if people want to buy a 1020, they'll research a little deeper than a company that may as well be called iCnet.

Fack 'em..leave them to it.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
"herp derp derp I'm molly wood. So like I totally have no idea how to turn this phone on because they so don't label the buttons"

YES BECAUSE THE IPHONE 5SUCKIT LABELS ALL OF ITS BUTTONS, SAME WITH EVERY OTHER PHONE THAT FUC.. *breaks keyboard*

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
"Well, there's no visible damage, so let's try that again." And again. What? "No visible damage" is her result after she did her drop test. If she's gonna hurl it till there's damage, then, it should be dropped from high and higher with a result on the height that finally breaks it.

Last edited:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
CNET's logic: IPhone in water for 30 seconds = pulverizing the 1020 in wine, then covering it with water.

I say we march on CNET's main office in NY. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

Me! Meet you in two weeks!

We get all of the wpcentral and other windows phone site members and we riot like the Iranians in 1979. Okay, not that intense...

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
"time for a torture test of the Nokia Lumia 1020" was as much of the video I care to watch. I saw this same tortured looking "half man / half wilder-beast" review the 1020 when it hit the street. She used taking pictures of bubbles from a bubble machine to demonstrate how the Nokia 1020 was lacking. Face it, we will never make the grade with everyone. Technology does what it does. But, if you want to take real shots of your family, events, vacation, etc. between the iphone that the wilder-beast likes and the 1020, its the 1020 all day long.
Oh and dropping a smart phone on the ground to prove that glass breaks must be ground breaking news to CNET. Wait till they discover companies like OTTERBOX exist. They're heads is sure to explode. lol.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised, you could tell they were trying their darndest to ensure it didn't survive. It actually fared pretty well. The phone is obviously fine, and, as it was trying to tell her (but she ignored) it was merely a problem with the battery. The connector attaching it to the phone very well could've been knocked loose (or even corroded) from the various tests. If they had opened it up and taken a look, I'm 55% sure they could've simply reattached the battery's connector, and it would've worked fine.

The 1020 did remarkable, kudos to Nokia. Try doing that with an iPhone, and see how things go.

Side-note: I facepalmed when she couldn't find the power button... She's "reviewed" how many Nokia Lumias at this point?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel