Apple iPhone 5s vs. LG G2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1020: War of the worlds

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Apple iPhone 5s vs. LG G2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1020: War of the worlds - GSMArena.com

They recorded 4 second shot to shot time .. that must be full res + 5mpix . Snap 800 should take care of that.

Otherwise, here is the 1020 bit

We probably could live with the hump but the slow shot to shot time (up to 4sec) is a deal-breaker by our books. And camera aside, you have to make a few other sacrifices if you're going with the Lumia 1020. The relatively large and thick body, coupled with a small battery is the first.

Software doesn't help either - Windows Phone 8 still hasn't matured as a platform even after the Amber update. It's not even 3 years old, iOS has been around for nearly twice as long and Apple is adding new features every year and polishing old ones.

The OS also holds back the hardware - you can't have a 1080p screen because of Windows Phone (which means no 5" screens with proper pixel density) and you can't have a powerful chipset. That makes a difference for gaming (a major section of any app store) and even with a custom chip Nokia couldn't get the shot-to-shot time of the camera to acceptable levels. The GDR3 update might fix all that, but it may be too late for the Lumia 1020.

The Nokia Lumia 1020 will reign supreme in imaging for quite some time to come, but the gap between it and competing flagships will be only growing wider in terms of equipment and performance.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
What I don't like from this is he complains about battery, size, and shooting time.

Battery life is definitely a subjective topic. WP has proven to last almost just as long as other phones with much high capacity. Just because someone puts a nuclear reactor in their phone doesn't mean everyone has to live up to those times.

The size of the phone is clearly subjective, but definitely gets biased. Until a competing manufacturer makes a 41mp camera with OIS (3 axis and not 2) thinner the 1020, then I'll reevaluate my conclusion on its size. Its amazing that they made it as thin as it is. Durability is also a differentiating factor. Thicker usually translates to better durability. Look at the iPhone, use to be the thinness but easily breaks from the smallest drops.

The shooting time is a hit and miss for me. While I do think that the time could be improved, this phone is running on a S4. Its old and no manufacturer has put a 41mp on a S4 to see what times "should" be. The stock app clearly drops the time, even tho it doesn't do full 41mp resolution. The quality of the pictures and the technology behind the sensor more than justifies the time.

Nokia Lumia 1020 is the King of camera phones. Why doesn't any article read as this?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
i hate the browsing on this thing, sucks up battery so fast and gets warm. Need to optimize IE much better and the battery performance would pretty much be awesome.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
i hate the browsing on this thing, sucks up battery so fast and gets warm. Need to optimize IE much better and the battery performance would pretty much be awesome.

Yeah, this caught me by surprise. Reviews mentioned it gets warm from the camera, but clearly they didn't use the device enough to notice it gets quite warm from any moderately CPU intensive App.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
gsmarena have the browsing @ almost 6 hours ... look at G2 tho... bravo, bravo.

The Nokia Lumia 1020 battery test - GSMArena Blog

F412JEj.jpg

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Obvious question is how does the 1020 compare using the regular camera app where the shot to shot time becomes a non-issue. This has to be addressed, at least in passing, in any review that concludes that shot to shot time is a "deal killer". It is fair to omit this in most reviews but a prospective buyer needs to know whether, and by how much, the 5s beats the 1020 in that situation if shot to shot time is going to be critical to the decision. It isn't rocket science to figure that out. Personally, I would like to see an improvement but neither shot to shot time nor weight has been much of a factor for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss