Camera Grip as a case ??

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just bought my 3rd Nokia .. 3rd time is a charm right? Bought the 920 when it came out. The pentaband from Canada, sold it .. regretted selling it and bought another. The second one didn't work. They must have messed something up and it couldn't read my sim card. Today I bought another .. this time a 1020 unlocked AT&T from Amazon. This one comes with the camera grip. I didn't know before buying that the camera grip is also sort of an emergency charger .. that's nice, or am I wrong?? My question is actually a general question about the camera grip. Does a person carry it apart from the phone ?? or do you leave it on at all times .. I don't suppose it fits over a case, right??? I don't know if I can stand waiting almost a week to get my new phone. Should have chosen overnight shipping....

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my 3rd Nokia .. 3rd time is a charm right? Bought the 920 when it came out. The pentaband from Canada, sold it .. regretted selling it and bought another. The second one didn't work. They must have messed something up and it couldn't read my sim card. Today I bought another .. this time a 1020 unlocked AT&T from Amazon. This one comes with the camera grip. I didn't know before buying that the camera grip is also sort of an emergency charger .. that's nice, or am I wrong?? My question is actually a general question about the camera grip. Does a person carry it apart from the phone ?? or do you leave it on at all times .. I don't suppose it fits over a case, right??? I don't know if I can stand waiting almost a week to get my new phone. Should have chosen overnight shipping....

Have those two attached at all times.. Also yes it serves as a battery extension..

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It fits like a case, but that doesn't mean that it is meant to be used as a case. It won't fit in your pocket comfortably with it attached.

However, it makes for great grip once you're taking landscape photos. Portrait is a different story.

And, yes, it does extend battery life by about 50%.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't live with it as a case, it's just too big. It's nice to have, especially for the extended battery life, but I'd rather chuck it into a bag and use it when needed.

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I got 1020 because I intend to use it as a camera with minimal phone/text and no media or internet consumption. So, I have it on at all times. And I like the bulk and weight. Makes it easier handle. In vertical mode, even though it is awkward, its bottom heavy feel is really, really nice.

But if you're 90% phone usage but dig the cool camera, it's too bulky.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the grip on nearly all the time, apart from the battery and better hold benefits it also is a great desk stand for the phone. With the glance screen on it is a great desk/night stand clock replacement.

The only downside is that it makes the phone a bit bulky, and if you carry it in a purse, backpack or other bag it is hard to find a case that fits the phone when the grip is on.
I eventually got a Caselogic Flat Screen GPS Case for it, to protect it when I was camping and hiking, it fits just right when the grip is on the phone, it does add some bulk, but I still managed to carry it in a pocket on my hiking shorts.

For a more 'in town' use I wanted to wait for the Nokia Leather case, but depending on what I wear and the poket sizes I have available, most of the time I just leave the grip on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720