Has anyone flashed ATT 1020 with international ROM?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wrote the guide on how to do this on the 920. It was great because it removed carrier branding, included data sense, gave updates faster, and gave me free tethering. My 1020 is coming next week, and I'm wondering if this is also possible on the 1020, maybe with a Rogers ROM, as they use the same frequencies. If no one has done it yet, I guess I'll be writing another guide soon.
Cheers.

Last edited:

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've tried every method/tutorial that worked older models than L1020. It is failing on the signature check and is not letting to flash firmwares from different product codes. Hopefully you can figure out which part of the firmware is triggering the blockage.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a guide for the ATT Lumia 520? I would love to flash it with international ROM to unlock all the features ATT has blocked.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've tried every method/tutorial that worked older models than L1020. It is failing on the signature check and is not letting to flash firmwares from different product codes. Hopefully you can figure out which part of the firmware is triggering the blockage.

well, for the 920 I had to rename some files on the firmware, and flash a pre-GDR1 ROM, and do an OTA update, before I could flash the final unbranded ROM. There's gotta be a way, I just have to find it now...

Jor El

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
well, for the 920 I had to rename some files on the firmware, and flash a pre-GDR1 ROM, and do an OTA update, before I could flash the final unbranded ROM. There's gotta be a way, I just have to find it now...

well good luck, i think i have narrowed it down to either the software version; or something in the ffu is blocking it.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to change any reference of the Rogers firmware product code with ATT's product code using hex editor, but then i got error in NCS that the signature of the firmware doesn't match.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to change any reference of the Rogers firmware product code with ATT's product code using hex editor, but then i got error in NCS that the signature of the firmware doesn't match.

For the 920, all I had to do was delete the Rogers info from the name. I didn't have to replace it with ATT's codes. Here's my 920 tutorial if it helps: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...h-any-lumia-920-full-amber-gdr2-features.html

By the way, could you tell me the ATT and Rogers variant Lumia 1020 product codes? I can't seem to find them...

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
For the 920, all I had to do was delete the Rogers info from the name. I didn't have to replace it with ATT's codes. Here's my 920 tutorial if it helps: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...h-any-lumia-920-full-amber-gdr2-features.html

By the way, could you tell me the ATT and Rogers variant Lumia 1020 product codes? I can't seem to find them...
Here are the ATT's product codes:
059T019 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL YELLOW
059T013 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL WHITE
059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK
And the Rogers product code is 059T1V9

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on att updated to GDR3 Dev Preview yet? If so, do you have data sense and att branding?

still branded, no data sense. This is just a small update. It doesn't appear to replace the entire older OS.

I posted before I read the whole thread. I only did OTA.

cnicklo

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Juan6996,
First of all, thank you for your guide to flashing the 920. I never thanked you but used it successfully and was so happy not to wait for AT&T to get around to updating the phone. I flashed to the French ROM, and it worked perfectly for me.

I've just upgraded to the 1020 and am eagerly waiting to hear about your future successes in flashing it. Keep us posted.

Thanks for your help and dedication and those you're working with to discover the path forward.

Chris

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Juan6996,
First of all, thank you for your guide to flashing the 920. I never thanked you but used it successfully and was so happy not to wait for AT&T to get around to updating the phone. I flashed to the French ROM, and it worked perfectly for me.

I've just upgraded to the 1020 and am eagerly waiting to hear about your future successes in flashing it. Keep us posted.

Thanks for your help and dedication and those you're working with to discover the path forward.

Chris

You're welcome. I'm happy to share my discoveries with other people.

Honestly, with the release of the developer/enthusiast preview program, and Update 3 Preview, I find it hard to justify looking for a way to un brand my phone.

This is because: 1) only things to gain from it are no ATT logo and data sense, for which you can just use the myATT app. 2) no one has any sort of experience or advise that would make looking for the needle in the haystack any easier, and the methods for the 920 don't work. 3) I don't want to accidentally brick my phone, as I wouldn't be able to purchase another one. 4) Even if I find a way, I won't know if it works on att's network, if I can flash back to the att ROM, or if features like picture messages or tethering will work

Hopefully you understand. If in the future the only way to upgrade to WP8.1 or final GDR3 is by flashing, I will risk my phone to find a way to flash it.

Cheers.

Ali akbar Dehghani

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,All
please see this screenshut,What is wrong?
Is there another way to download the firmware?
Who can send me link dl?with Email or share a link ?
my 1020 is ((059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK)) ((Software Version 3045.0000.1325.0001)) .
i want update to : ((059T3M3 RM-877 LIGHT SWAP ENGINE GLOBAL))
changing product code.059S9T1 TO 059T3M3.
I do want to take the risk anyway.
What do you think? Is it possible?
if you could send it(firmware product code:059T3M3) to me, I'll do it., And I announced the result.
Thanks to all.

Lumia 1020.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster