Questions: 1020 grip and charging

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the grip case on at all times. But maybe I'm not using it or charging both units correctly. Manual doesn't answer anything, just how to charge with it connected, or not.

I had depleted and charged full both units separately, after which, the grip had been on the whole time. However, I keep the grip powered off, and will turn it on only if needed, but have not so far. I charge my phone through the grip's port. Is this okay? Or is this bad for the battery? I would think constantly draining the grip and charging the phone ( which is itself also draining ) would be bad.

Also, if the grip is powered on, it will override my power saving settings, since my dim screen will brighten up and the 3 home buttons will show as well. is there a way to fix that?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you keep it on only when needed, it's fine. In the long run , only the battery of the Camera Grip has the possibility of degrading worse.
I recommend that you don't drain the Camera Grip fully, but that defeats the purpose, right?

If your phone is charging, it will automatically override battery saver settings, by the way.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
It would be great if Nokia made a setting section for the grip like they do for some other accessories. I have the grip on all the time and each time I charge the phone I have to then disable the grip. The fact that the grip makes the phone think its pluged into a socket is also an issue sometime, as I don't really want it overiding battery saver when I am trying to conserve as much battery as I can.

Having the ability to configure the behaviour of the grip when connected would be a great addition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss