Anyone have problems w/ apps that use scanning?

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else w/ a 1020 has this problem...but since I've had my phone, it hasn't worked with scanning apps (shopsavvy or myfitnesspal) to scan barcodes. I was thinking something was up w/ those apps, maybe they had to be updated w/ the Nokia SDK...but I noticed that the app ''mirror'' would fail to initialize as well, and the developer told me it worked fine on his 1020.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
With scanning, the issue lies in that the 1020 has a very high minimum focus distance. This isn't so much an issue when trying to take close ups via Pro Cam, because you can just zoom in to make up the difference. But when scanning, this really rears its ugly head.

It was somewhat talked about here, although not in great detail.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else w/ a 1020 has this problem...but since I've had my phone, it hasn't worked with scanning apps (shopsavvy or myfitnesspal) to scan barcodes. I was thinking something was up w/ those apps, maybe they had to be updated w/ the Nokia SDK...but I noticed that the app ''mirror'' would fail to initialize as well, and the developer told me it worked fine on his 1020.

yeah, I have this problem too. I don't know if the app developer can implement pinch to zoom functionality so that I can hold the phone farther away from the paper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans