Free cover (nokiapromotions) is wireless charging cover?

Hyunato

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello people,

Not sure if many other countries had this promotion, but I get a free cover with my 1020 purchase. Through Nokia Promotion.
I was wondering if this was the wireless charging cover though. I haven't seen a non wireless charging cover for this phone so I'm curious.

I obviously haven't received it yet. This is the site that shows a picture: Nokia Promotion

What do you guys think?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Official site refers to it. www.nokia.nl If you scroll to the bottom and click "Hoe werkt het?".

Man, or lady if thats the case.
A friend of mine had an email from a US company saying he was selected for a job, what those crooks did was replicated the official website so my friend was uner the impression that he was selected.
I do have knowledge about websites and stuff, and found what those crooks did, asked my friend to contact the company and they responded that there's no openings and he received some carp form some random soul.

If you can call up Nokia and confirm that this site is legit, you'll be good, else you don't know which corner of the internet this site could lead you to.

Hyunato

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Man, or lady if thats the case.
A friend of mine had an email from a US company saying he was selected for a job, what those crooks did was replicated the official website so my friend was uner the impression that he was selected.
I do have knowledge about websites and stuff, and found what those crooks did, asked my friend to contact the company and they responded that there's no openings and he received some carp form some random soul.

If you can call up Nokia and confirm that this site is legit, you'll be good, else you don't know which corner of the internet this site could lead you to.

I'm a bit confused...
You think nokia.com has been hacked and the hackers made a promotional website so when people click on the topic to getting a free cover they trick people into sending them their IMEI ect?
Also, it sounds like your friend got a link to a website in that email that was fake. I think I speak for all of us when I say I get those on a daily basis.

Search for better deals, in the UK (contract) we get free accessories kit (Charging plate, cover, tripod and grip) for free.

I think you misunderstood, I already have the phone and there were no other deals.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit confused...
You think nokia.com has been hacked and the hackers made a promotional website so when people click on the topic to getting a free cover they trick people into sending them their IMEI ect?
Also, it sounds like your friend got a link to a website in that email that was fake. I think I speak for all of us when I say I get those on a daily basis.

I think you misunderstood, I already have the phone and there were no other deals.

Call the official nokia people, ask them if they know about this - Home - Nokia Portal
Or is it some stupid person playing tricks on innocent souls.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No it's real. But for Dutch Nokia 1020 Owners only.
It's the wireless charging cover.

I expect mine within four weeks.

How about, you send me that cover because I quoted you :).
Lol, It smelled fishy because it should have been on nokia.nl/some-promotion, instead its on a different bizzare domain

Hyunato

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad your misplaced skepticism is easily cured. I already told you it was a Dutch promotion and I already said the official nokia website redirects you to nokiapromotion.nl for a free cover. Maybe you just wanted to prevent a possible scam, but because there was no indication it could be, your efforts were not appreciated by me.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad your misplaced skepticism is easily cured. I already told you it was a Dutch promotion and I already said the official nokia website redirects you to nokiapromotion.nl for a free cover. Maybe you just wanted to prevent a possible scam, but because there was no indication it could be, your efforts were not appreciated by me.

Nokiapromotion.nl linked to nokia.nl (I saw this)
I didn't see nokia.nl linking to Nokiapromotion.nl, had I seen that I wouldn't have commented about anything.

Hyunato

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Nokiapromotion.nl linked to nokia.nl (I saw this)
I didn't see nokia.nl linking to Nokiapromotion.nl, had I seen that I wouldn't have commented about anything.

Bold text sure is handy for dramatic effect. If there is reason behind a comment, I always listen. That's why I ignored the user Great Deal, who said I should look for better deals, apparently not understanding I already own the phone.

If you take a look at post #4 you can see I said nokia links to nokiapromotion, you even quoted me on that. But if you didn't see it, honest mistake.
At least I now know it is in fact the wireless charging cover. All is well I suppose.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Official site refers to it. www.nokia.nl If you scroll to the bottom and click "Hoe werkt het?".

Bold text sure is handy for dramatic effect. If there is reason behind a comment, I always listen. That's why I ignored the user Great Deal, who said I should look for better deals, apparently not understanding I already own the phone.

If you take a look at post #4 you can see I said nokia links to nokiapromotion, you even quoted me on that. But if you didn't see it, honest mistake.
At least I now know it is in fact the wireless charging cover. All is well I suppose.

I only visited the nokiapromotions website, and at the bottom they link to nokia.nl, I never visited nokia.nl. My comment was based on that.
Lets not loose our sleep over that and you may want o alter the thread title and mention that its only for Dutch residents.

Hyunato

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I only visited the nokiapromotions website, and at the bottom they link to nokia.nl, I never visited nokia.nl. My comment was based on that.
Lets not loose our sleep over that and you may want o alter the thread title and mention that its only for Dutch residents.

Well I gave you the link to nokia.nl and said where it linked to nokiapromotions. If you make a comment on something without doing anything with the information the OP gives you, you're doing it wrong.

I clearly state in my first post that this promotion is in my country of residence and that I am unaware if other countries share it. Mario has already said this promotion is Dutch-only. Besides, maybe he's wrong, I anyway don't know.

cmore675

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
all I want to say is Nokia care blows..I sent a camera grip to them back on the 19th and have not heard hide or hair from them. I guess I paid 59 bucks for nothing..They say they will call me back, and they never do. I have contacted them twice.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
all I want to say is Nokia care blows..I sent a camera grip to them back on the 19th and have not heard hide or hair from them. I guess I paid 59 bucks for nothing..They say they will call me back, and they never do. I have contacted them twice.

Ya, I had serious issues with them getting my replacement 920. They even sent me a new one with a cracked body. And when I called them about it, they had to "investigate" the incident for over a week. They finally took care of it when I went irate on them.

Their US care branch is in Texas I believe, maybe you can pay them a visit.

cmore675

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
yeah I live in West Texas...Ft.Worth is 5 hours away, or I would have already. I hope someone else starts making high end windows phones. I'm not going to mess with Nokia anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta