Issues with contacts when doing back up from Lumia 920

Osvaldas Anusaitis

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Just got the new L1020.

I had a L920 before this, performed the back up of the old phone and such. When I first turned on my L1020, I skipped the full back up process as I did not have Wifi available to download all the apps and etc. My contacts however, were all there on the initial set up. After I got home later in the afternoon, I reset my L1020 and restarted the process to get the full back up from the original L920. All my apps, messages and even Facebook contacts got added back on. However, I have no contacts in terms of phone numbers and such. I still have those details on my L920. Is there any way of getting the contacts on L1020 besides manual??

Thanks!

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You should have an app called 'Transfer My Data' which will transfer your contacts magically by bluetooth. Open the app on your new phone and follow the steps

Osvaldas Anusaitis

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Tried that, the devices were not discoverable between each other.

In addition, if I go into my Hotmail (Windows Live) account - I can see my contacts with their phone numbers there and they are marked as Outlook Contacts. But it wont sync over to my phone =/

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
in settings > email accounts > hotmail do you definitely have contacts ticked (on your new phone) ? and in people hub settings under 'filter my contacts' do you have hotmail ticked ?

Osvaldas Anusaitis

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Under Email accounts > settings > hotmail - there is no option for contacts. All i have for the tick box is "Sync Email"

Under the Peoples Hub - hotmail is ticked.

I can see ALL my hotmail contacts and everyones emails and so on, but I cant see the contacts that are actual mobile phone contacts ie person with name and number. Even though i can see these contacts in my Hotmail Live account if i use a computer to look at my Peoples Hub=/

Its a very weird issue. It seems like my phone does not show "outlook" contacts only hotmail=/

Osvaldas Anusaitis

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It seems I have found the issue.

After looking at my friends L920 I noticed that he had Outlook in Settings > Accounts. I didn't.

I assumed that being signed in with Microsoft Account which is a Hotmail email it would be all good.

So I went through and added my Hotmail account through settings > accounts.

All my contacts appeared and are working fine.

Now a new problem came up. I am receiving double emails for both accounts (Microsoft and Outlook), is there a way to remove one of them so its not doubling up? It should be the same account shouldn't it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6