Hello,

Just got the new L1020.

I had a L920 before this, performed the back up of the old phone and such. When I first turned on my L1020, I skipped the full back up process as I did not have Wifi available to download all the apps and etc. My contacts however, were all there on the initial set up. After I got home later in the afternoon, I reset my L1020 and restarted the process to get the full back up from the original L920. All my apps, messages and even Facebook contacts got added back on. However, I have no contacts in terms of phone numbers and such. I still have those details on my L920. Is there any way of getting the contacts on L1020 besides manual??

Thanks!
    10-14-2013 04:12 PM
    You should have an app called 'Transfer My Data' which will transfer your contacts magically by bluetooth. Open the app on your new phone and follow the steps
    10-14-2013 06:01 PM
    Tried that, the devices were not discoverable between each other.

In addition, if I go into my Hotmail (Windows Live) account - I can see my contacts with their phone numbers there and they are marked as Outlook Contacts. But it wont sync over to my phone =/
    10-14-2013 07:30 PM
    in settings > email accounts > hotmail do you definitely have contacts ticked (on your new phone) ? and in people hub settings under 'filter my contacts' do you have hotmail ticked ?
    10-14-2013 07:35 PM
    Under Email accounts > settings > hotmail - there is no option for contacts. All i have for the tick box is "Sync Email"

Under the Peoples Hub - hotmail is ticked.

I can see ALL my hotmail contacts and everyones emails and so on, but I cant see the contacts that are actual mobile phone contacts ie person with name and number. Even though i can see these contacts in my Hotmail Live account if i use a computer to look at my Peoples Hub=/

Its a very weird issue. It seems like my phone does not show "outlook" contacts only hotmail=/
    10-14-2013 11:48 PM
    It seems I have found the issue.

After looking at my friends L920 I noticed that he had Outlook in Settings > Accounts. I didn't.

I assumed that being signed in with Microsoft Account which is a Hotmail email it would be all good.

So I went through and added my Hotmail account through settings > accounts.

All my contacts appeared and are working fine.

Now a new problem came up. I am receiving double emails for both accounts (Microsoft and Outlook), is there a way to remove one of them so its not doubling up? It should be the same account shouldn't it?
    10-15-2013 11:08 PM