Lumia 1020 is a Conversation Starter :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My friends always tease me because my phone is very rarely in my pocket. It is literally almost always in my hand :p

Today I was in Wal-mart yellow 1020 in hand doing some shopping and I Stopped off in Walmart's pathetic book section to see if they had any good books...LOL well Funny thing these 2 girls were standing around talking with these 2 older ladies.

One of the girls had noticed I had almost dropped my Lumia on the ground and she struck up a conversation and asked me did I like my Phone.

By nature, I am not the most sociable person with strangers so I was like "Yeah it is great."

But she kept asking questions and she was nice so I begun to actually strike up a conversation with her and Her Friend(or sister...idk) Her grandmother also seemed really knowledgeable about the phone.

She was saying how she loved the commercial of the parents at the play with the Lumia 1020 and how she likes Windows Phone because it works like Windows on the computer and all that good stuff. It was actually refreshing to see an older lady(She had to be in her 60s-70s) who seemed really knowledgeable about phones.

I was discussing the iPhones with one of the girls and how she thought they were overpriced and expensive(though the Lumia 1020 is the same price on contract lol) and her friend/sister had an HTC One that she loved due to Beats Audio.

Anyway, they wanted me to take a picture to show them the Camera...It was kind of funny because i STILL have no idea how to fully utilize the power of my lumia 1020 camera so I took a random picture of the book aisle at Wal-mart in very poor lighting conditions and they were like "Ooh-Ah, so cool."

and I let the girl take a picture of me as well so she can try out the Camera herself and they were really wowed by it.

And of course I got asked was my phone in a case because most people are not used to seeing a Yellow Phone :D

This is not the first time girls have came up to me with questions about my Lumia and If i was a Straight Male, I probably could definitely use the Lumia to pick up girls :D
But it is just so fun to me that people always come up to me asking questions about my Lumia. Even though I am a tad frustrated with my 1020 in certain situations, this phone
definitely has gotten me a lot of attention and I always try to make sure I really showcase the phone to people when they ask.

I hope that despite Apple's new 5C colors and the various Galaxy Colors and HTC colors or Moto X that Nokia's color palette continues to be a stand-out so people know it. They really need to do what they can do Pay Instagram for some sort of exclusive special app that has features ONLY found on Lumia devices and use the Camera as their marketing gimmick....They spend so much time advertising the Lumia 925, they need to use their flagship aka the 1020 and utilize it more.

Apple has Siri and that new touch ID
Google has that Hands-free voice control thing
Galaxy has their gimmicks ...

Lumia has one of the best and innovative features(the camera of the 1020) yet it doesn't actively advertise it(at least not here in America) as much as the 925.

But all in all, I am glad that I was able to meet a group of people who genuinely were really enticed by the Lumia and who knows maybe they'll consider it for their next device :p

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It sure is, I've had several people ask me about my phone and such. They always seem rather intrigued, and that's with a black 1020. Yellow sure does stand out, so I can only imagine how many people have come up to you xD

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It sure is, I've had several people ask me about my phone and such. They always seem rather intrigued, and that's with a black 1020. Yellow sure does stand out, so I can only imagine how many people have come up to you xD
'
It happened a lot as well when I had my Red and Yellow 920s :D Though when i had the brief fling with the black 928, i got far less attention(One of my friends thought it was an android phone)

But yeah I love the fact that this phone can capture people's attention and I hope it at least persuades one person to take pause that next time they are phone shopping.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
LOL I can see an ad campaign too haha

Guy walks into a bar with a Lumia 1020 and is swarmed by a bunch of women....

Guy goes "Sorry Ladies, I am not interested."

Lady goes "We aren't interested in you, We want your phone."

LOL
@ all the lonely people out there:

Don't try your luck on online dating agencies - Buy a Nokia 1020 instead!

I see a potential ad campaign xD

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.

I had a Focus, 900 and 920 (in yellow even!) before the 1020 and never once had someone say something about it...since Dec 2010! Since getting my 1020 in Aug I've had easily more than a dozen people comment. Sitting in the cafeteria at lunch. Immediately after running a 10k. On the street. At the checkout line of the grocery store. Usually it's "hey tha'ts that phone with the really great camera, isn't it?", but a few of them have really asked about details stating they were thinking of switching from iPhone.

The 1020 might not be moving like hotcakes, but it's distinctive enough that it's creating mindshare. I think that's great moving forward, as double whammy with the push for low end WP's and I think it could start moving when it drops the the $99 range or below.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
lol I'm gay so getting her number would do nothing for me haha.

Ha ha, no worries, no judgment zone (unless you're an iZombie :p).

Besides, isn't the symbol of gay pride the rainbow? Windows Phone and Windows 8 are both very colorful, maybe that's why I like it too. ^_^

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Some people asked me about the 1020 too. But the responses varies. One guy even asked me: Did you get the phone just for the camera?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
She was saying how she loved the commercial of the parents at the play with the Lumia 1020 and how she likes Windows Phone because it works like Windows on the computer and all that good stuff. It was actually refreshing to see an older lady(She had to be in her 60s-70s) who seemed really knowledgeable about phones.

That bold part was cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6