Why are images getting blurred?

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my 1020 is about 3 weeks old now and i love it
But there is something i don't understand, here are two pictures that i snapped(Screenshot from mobile)

I take the photo
Open the image
This is how it looks for ~2 seconds
9zng.jpg

And when the app has been loaded up with all the buttons and stuff does the image get blurred.
vie0.jpg

And this is 5mpx image
l9mz.jpg

Why is the 2 seconds preview alot sharper?

Attachments

• 9zng.jpg
    9zng.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 9

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
In case someone isn't already working on the solution, I'm adding my "me too" to this.
It's similar to the issue we saw when the 900 launched, great pictures are reduced in greatness for whatever reason. When I snap a shot, I want it to look exactly as I see it on the screen as I'm shooting it. I'm not sure what it takes to make that happen but that's what I'd think we all expect.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
exact same thing happens on my 920 too, sharp nice tone to preview after shot, then goes blurred and yellow tint in actual save!

Popcorn-Billy

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I've posted this along with a green tint problem I have on the Nokia Discussion board. My photos go blurry and green and I can't even fix them with iPhoto.

Bill

Sascha Hoppe1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Cool that you managed to get a screenshot from this ;-) In my case it's shorter than 2 sec that you see it. But the effect is definitely there. The result is sharper than the preview but not as sharp as the "original"

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if the new Nokia Camera app fixed this ... Looks like it

In the settings of the new app update, set it to preview the images after each shot taken, and you'll clearly see the post processing still happening. You just can't see it as it happens like the OP did. If Nokia's upcoming update allows RAW photos to be taken, then our problems will be solved.

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
In the settings of the new app update, set it to preview the images after each shot taken, and you'll clearly see the post processing still happening. You just can't see it as it happens like the OP did. If Nokia's upcoming update allows RAW photos to be taken, then our problems will be solved.

Not as bad as before.

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Not as bad as before.

I still have photos that were taken prior to the new update, and the warm and overly-saturated post processing look the same, even after the update. Maybe it's a case of placebo that is taking place here? :p
The photos always look fuzzy and warm on the phone, but they look much better once they are extracted onto a PC or viewed on a different screen. I think the 1020's screen is more to blame than people think. I've viewed my 1020's images on PC's, iPhone 5's, GS4's and on Macbook Pro's with Retina displays, and the photos always have better colouring and clarity on other screens. That's my #1 disappointment with the 1020. With a super clear camera, we should have a super clear screen.

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Same here, its quite annoying once you notice it happening. Still haven't tested if the new Nokia Camera app fixed this.

It is fixed somewhat. The Post Processing is not as heavy as before. I couldn't even tell at all if preview mode was off. Before I can tell when preview was off before the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos