Lumia 1020 Nokia Update Released

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I woke up this morning to find an update notification on my Lumia 1020. Ive just completed the update. Here are the details from Nokia:

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 1020 is 3050.0000.133x.10xx
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Settings -> phone update.

• Imaging enhancements
  • Touch functionality improvements
  • Performance and stability improvements

Source: Nokia Lumia 1020 Support, Updates, Downloads and User Guides - Nokia - Australia

Dead5pur

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I see that's an Australian link. What network are you with? I'm on Optus and no phone update is showing even if I search.

acilsan

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Had a plan to not update immediately when any updates become available until I see the review from other users if any serious bugs found...
failed miserably..cannot hold the urge to update...updating now lol

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Done.

One thing instantly noticeable is that I no longer have to put up with seeing the extremely annoying Facebook icon on the people hub live tile. This used to boil my **** as I don't use Facebook, haven't got any FB apps installed on my phone.

Small change, big difference :)

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the "Yellow Tint" doesn't seem to be as bad. Its still there but doesn't seem as bad as before. Unless its just me looking into it too much. Maybe they improved the post processing.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
engadget reported that 1020 will have raw image support - has this update got it?

Is this bittersweet that I have heard banding about? what about gdr3?

hirsti99

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Once you have updated the phone if you go to apps and update the camera app you get the new Nokia Camera App which is a combined Smart Capture and Pro Capture in one, seems to be a few new features included in this. Also it seems to have totally got rid of the yellow cast and the post processing that seemed to happen when you went to view the photo.

hirsti99

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Bit early to tell seeing as I have only just updated it....My battery life is pretty impressive though already. After a charge last night I got a predicted 1 Day and 20 hours charge left and it is usually accurate. When I first got the 1020 I noticed that the battery was not charging properly, I would leave it to charge overnight and when I got up in the morning it was only at 60% or something like that. I tracked it down to when I had the battery saving turned on when I was charging, now I just turn off the battery saving before I charge and turn it back on when I disconnect from mains in the morning. Hope this helps

hirsti99

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Only annoyance I have found so far is that you cant turn off the focus assist now, only allows you to turn off the flash :-(
Just been looking at the high res image and it looks great, I can confirm that this update does not include the save to RAW option

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Once you have updated the phone if you go to apps and update the camera app you get the new Nokia Camera App which is a combined Smart Capture and Pro Capture in one, seems to be a few new features included in this. Also it seems to have totally got rid of the yellow cast and the post processing that seemed to happen when you went to view the photo.

It looks good. Tidy layout.

Can now set the timer delay to a choice of 2, 5 and 10 seconds.

Haven't had a chance to experiment with image quality yet though. That can wait till I take the dog for a walk later.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Only annoyance I have found so far is that you cant turn off the focus assist now, only allows you to turn off the flash :-(
Just been looking at the high res image and it looks great, I can confirm that this update does not include the save to RAW option

You can switch off focus assist, but it's buried in the app settings menu now...

jimmynexus

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for the heads up about the update :)

Ive noticed the phone feels snappier, more responsive.

The Pro camera app launches noticeably faster also, which is fantastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb