Lumia 1020 Nokia Update Released

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
No Update Yet:

Unlocked AT&T USA running on T-Mobile USA

I have a feeling we're going to be waiting a while on this one. Possibly well into 2014? (I sure hope not!)

Locked on AT&T U.S. with Nokia's 3045.0000.1325.0001 Amber firmware and MS' 8.0.10512.142 dev preview aka 'Update 3' GDR3 OS.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling we're going to be waiting a while on this one. Possibly well into 2014? (I sure hope not!)

Locked on AT&T U.S. with Nokia's 3045.0000.1325.0001 Amber firmware and MS' 8.0.10512.142 dev preview aka 'Update 3' GDR3 OS.

It's pretty much guaranteed that anyone on ATT is screwed. The best way to try to change this is to spam their facebook and twitter with constant requests for the update to be released now; and do the same to Nokia to let them know that this is simply not acceptable, maybe Nokia will do something and release a way for enthusiasts to flash with a generic ROM. To be honest I am pissed off Nokia is not doing this already.
Nokia needs to stop licking the carrier behinds and start supporting customers who helped them to be the No1 WP OEM.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So what's this update called anyway? It's not Black (is it?), it's just an incremental firmware update I gather... a "camera enhancement update"?

I need to know what I'm asking for! lol My 1020 is fine... and takes amazing pictures, but just reading about these new updates, and how people already have them installed, well it just drives me crazy to not have access to them!!

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So what's this update called anyway? It's not Black (is it?), it's just an incremental firmware update I gather... a "camera enhancement update"?

I need to know what I'm asking for! lol My 1020 is fine... and takes amazing pictures, but just reading about these new updates, and how people already have them installed, well it just drives me crazy to not have access to them!!

Its a camera enhancement firmware update.

Details:
Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 1020 is 3050.0000.133x.10xx
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Settings -> phone update.

• Imaging enhancements
  • Touch functionality improvements
  • Performance and stability improvements

https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates/status/392410372310716417

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty much guaranteed that anyone on ATT is screwed. The best way to try to change this is to spam their facebook and twitter with constant requests for the update to be released now; and do the same to Nokia to let them know that this is simply not acceptable, maybe Nokia will do something and release a way for enthusiasts to flash with a generic ROM. To be honest I am pissed off Nokia is not doing this already.
Nokia needs to stop licking the carrier behinds and start supporting customers who helped them to be the No1 WP OEM.

Actually to be fair the customers who helped them to be No1 isn't even in America. So Nokia should actually stop releasing phones on AT&T/North America first - which is exactly what they are doing (1520 is coming out in Asian region first). But really - you guys let your telcos build a ****ty system so you reap the rewards, as long as the majority of Americans enjoy being raped by the false sense discount of subsidized phones carrier exclusives will stay and Nokia can't do anything about it until WP hits well and deep into double digit marketshare.

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Carrier exclusivity is a double edged sword I think. For instance, here in the Philippines Nokia haven't had any carrier exclusives since the 920 came out. And thus I was forced to buy the 925 and the 1020 off contract. In the meantime, I am spending a lot of money on prepaid cellular bills, including unlimited data on LTE, which is a great deal, except that for roughly the same amount of cash I could have gotten myself a free phone, if the local carriers offered the 1020 (projected from phone and plan prices for phones around the same price range as an unlocked 1020).

The carrier deals are either insanely exorbitant or really great deals, depending on your usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss