Lumia 1020 Nokia Update Released

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
My Fellow Americans..

If you want to keep tabs on this update for the USA, here is the support link:

Nokia Lumia 1020 Support, Updates, Downloads and User Guides - Nokia - USA

As of today there is still no update for USA based phones..

I wonder how long we are going to have to wait again. And I don't even want to think about the delay ATT will put on Nokia Black. Nokia needs to fix this to enable at least people with carrier branded but unlocked phones to get all updates direct from Nokia and not through ATT or other carriers who have a vested interest in delaying these updates as much as possible to make people spend more $$$ on a phone upgrade.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got the 1020 update on O2 in the UK. Just thought I'd let those know who haven't checked for a bit.
Thanks! Being on AT&T, of course I checked immediately with little hope.

No good news to report. Still not available. I have a feeling AT&T might skip to the Black update...and will probably be months late on that one.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Why is it AT&T's BS? The Nokia site indicates they haven't released any update for the US. At this point, I don't think AT&T has anything to do with it.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Why is it AT&T's BS? The Nokia site indicates they haven't released any update for the US. At this point, I don't think AT&T has anything to do with it.

Even if they do release it, AT&T won't bother releasing it for half a decade, under the label of injecting bloats and stuff.
I've seen AT&T's updates are slower than Mr. Pickles walking speed.

Mr. Pickle's is my avatars pet snail, if you didn't know.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason Nokia haven't 'released' it in the US is because ATT does not want them to and this way they has plausible deniability saying the ball is in Nokia's court.
It not a big stretch, after all Nokia agreed to cripple their 1520 just to lick ATT's ***.

The bottom line is if the update is out for EU 1020 devices it is ready for the US 1020 as well, regardless of what Nokia publicly states.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
As an AT&T user, I'd rather get Black sooner than worry about these incremental firmware updates. Sure, I'd like them all, but... Lets face it, Black is the big one we all want. (Omg, did I just say that...! Hahah)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
As an AT&T user, I'd rather get Black sooner than worry about these incremental firmware updates. Sure, I'd like them all, but... Lets face it, Black is the big one we all want. (Omg, did I just say that...! Hahah)

Subscribe to the Preview updates if you want to stay ahead of at&t.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got some kind of update last night... it wasn't Black, as my phone still says Amber under settings. Anyone know if this was this "camera enhancement" update?

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got some kind of update last night... it wasn't Black, as my phone still says Amber under settings. Anyone know if this was this "camera enhancement" update?
I guess you got the ...3350... camera enhancement firmware update.
Check settings/Info.

I flashed my 1020 with the 3050 update some weeks ago.

ajftl

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how long we are going to have to wait again. And I don't even want to think about the delay ATT will put on Nokia Black. Nokia needs to fix this to enable at least people with carrier branded but unlocked phones to get all updates direct from Nokia and not through ATT or other carriers who have a vested interest in delaying these updates as much as possible to make people spend more $$$ on a phone upgrade.

and use nokia software easiest way to update or unbrick a nokia phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers