Discharge rate

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I just did factory reset and didnt put in any emails or anything. Now the phone idles at 9% currently, after 30 min rest. I'm getting really tired with this phone.

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like there's really something wrong with your device, you should probably have that replaced.... I am now at 1.17% idle.

Did you turn off data/wireless after the reset?

acilsan

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just did factory reset and didnt put in any emails or anything. Now the phone idles at 9% currently, after 30 min rest. I'm getting really tired with this phone.
I would suggest to have it repaired (if u still want the phone) or ask (or force) the store to replace it (speak to the manager, not the staff)...frankly it is the same with my htc8x during my 1st month. If u choose to continue trying to test it you would be frustrated like me

mrchampipi

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My Discharge-Rate is also between 4-5%, so I think it's normal. Where are the People with a <1% Discharge-Rate? :evil:
I have 3 backgrounds apps (bing news, weather flow and battery) , emails synched on arrival, location wifi and bluetooth on, glance on peek, screen sensitivity to low and no double tap to wake: I am under 1%/h on idle, and my 1020 lasts me around 30 hours with normal usage (calls, texts, web, handfull of pics and light casual gaming_Skulls of the Shogun and Robotek_).

I had battery drain problems on my first day, but then realised the network setting of the 1020 was set to 4g by default: my phone was constantly moving between frequencies (I don't have a 4g plan). After setting maximum data speed to 3g I got great battery life.

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

The 1020's battery is supposed to be very good, according to Nokia, reviews and many users on the forums. I'm going to get it replaced, because I really love this phone, and I want to give it a second chance. At this point, I think it's clear that anything we're able to do to the phone software-wise will not fix the battery problem.

At first, I thought I got a knock-off device because of the terrible battery, combined with the fact that I did buy this phone in China. Seeing someone else with the same problem has thankfully gotten that possibility out of the way.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I returned it today and cancelled my contract because I wasn't allowed to exchange it to a new one.

I really liked WP8 and the phone itself, maybe I'll buy another one later

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 backgrounds apps (bing news, weather flow and battery) , emails synched on arrival, location wifi and bluetooth on, glance on peek, screen sensitivity to low and no double tap to wake: I am under 1%/h on idle, and my 1020 lasts me around 30 hours with normal usage (calls, texts, web, handfull of pics and light casual gaming_Skulls of the Shogun and Robotek_).
I think 1% Discharge-Rate is only possible with slow Internet (<4G). I always have 4G on and I'm happy when my Phone lasts 8-9 Hours with normal usage. :confused:

ElNino77

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I think 1% Discharge-Rate is only possible with slow Internet (<4G). I always have 4G on and I'm happy when my Phone lasts 8-9 Hours with normal usage. :confused:
1% discharge rate might only be possible with no (or little) active connections, but it seems 4%-5% is possible with active connections and should get you through a day.

I have LTE active all day and WiFi as well when I'm at home (which is all day half of the week), with three email accounts (one push and two hourly) and about six active background tasks (weather, news, battery etc). With normal use I get less than 5% discharge rate and can easily make it through a day (6:30 AM - Midnight).

mrchampipi

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
True 4g is only starting in France, and I do see users commenting on how power hungry the connection is.
I'm on Hspa+ (wich I cetainly wouldn't call "slow internet"), and it doesn't seem to hit the battery too hard. Granted, 1% discharge rate is only when the phone is in sleep, and I do have few background apps and only 1 push email adress.

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Judging from the comments here and on other battery threads, am I correct to assume that 4G is only problematic in markets where it's still in the process of being deployed? I read other comments from people who dont seem to have any battery issues while on 4G but in my case it eats up my battery and heats up my phone real bad when used for prolonged periods (upwards of 45 minutes). 4G is still in its infancy here in the Philippines and my 4G signal is often unreliable/intermittent.

Deutscher2

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Judging from the comments here and on other battery threads, am I correct to assume that 4G is only problematic in markets where it's still in the process of being deployed? I read other comments from people who dont seem to have any battery issues while on 4G but in my case it eats up my battery and heats up my phone real bad when used for prolonged periods (upwards of 45 minutes). 4G is still in its infancy here in the Philippines and my 4G signal is often unreliable/intermittent.
I think the Problem with 4G in Countries like Germany, France and the Philippines is, that the 4G-Signal is not so strong, so the Lumia 1020 has always to search for a good 4G-Signal, that costs Battery!

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
That seems to be an accurate assessment especially since I also observed heating and fast discharge when I have both WiFi and cellular data on at the same time...

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Just a follow up..

I returned the first 1020 and actually won a brand new 1020. Out of the box, the battery seems much stronger with this new device. The first one died within hours on the first charge. The new one lasted around 24 hours with pretty medium/heavy use on the first charge and it should get better by every charge.

Some other stuff i've noticed is build quality. The first one would creak in the plastic if i gripped it to hard. If i did some pressure on the side part where volume button is the plastic would move alittle and make a creaking sound. This new one is MUCH more solid, no sound whatsoever.

Anyway, I hope this new device servs me well.

EDIT: Forgot to add, i also updated to GDR3 on this new device. Maybe that fixed some problems aswell.

Last edited:

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have 20% - 2 days 4hours since last charge and 12 hours remaining.
Running firmware ...3050...

Last edited:

Paritosh Rai

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing a discharge rate of 5-6% with Whatsapp, Facebook Beta, Outlook set to update 'as items arrive', Gmail set to sync every two hours and Lockmix running in the background at idle. My firmware version 3050. Is 3350 the next update?

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing a discharge rate of 5-6% with Whatsapp, Facebook Beta, Outlook set to update 'as items arrive', Gmail set to sync every two hours and Lockmix running in the background at idle. My firmware version 3050. Is 3350 the next update?
Sorry, my fault ;). 3050 is correct.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99