Nokia Camera update

bikertomk

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ditto on the reframe feature crashing. After the camera update, when I reframe and attempt to save, it shows the scrolling dots for a few seconds and then terminates abnormally w/o saving anything. Tried power off/on and 2-button reboot and it didn't resolve the problem.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If this helps, I have a 920 and the Nokia camera was crashing during reframing also. I thought that you might want to know that it isn't necessarily because of the large picture size of the 1020, I soft reset and it didn't fix it so I reinstalled it and it seems to be fixed.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe any of the post-processing has been corrected. The app just doesn't do it in front of you when you view your recently taken photo anymore. If we were able to compare pre and post update photos under identical conditions, I doubt we'd see a huge difference. I'm still seeing a lot of softening/warming up of photos.

I agree with this. If you have the "Photo review" option turned on so that it goes straight to the photo that you've just taken instead of the camera viewer, you'll still see your pictures go from sharp with natural colors to fuzzy and green-tinted. I see literally no different from Pro Cam to Nokia Camera. Hopefully Bittersweet Shimmer/Black (whatever they're calling it these days) will truly fix this. RAW support will be great too, assuming it comes to the 9xx series (I'm not cool enough for a 1020 :unhappy:).

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Any phone that gets Nokia Black will get Pro Cam.

Also, for those of you that have been experiencing the reframing app crashing issue, a fix has been found. The crashing was completly related to the app trying to auto upload your image after you click save in reframing. To prevent this crash, head to settings, scroll over to applications, then photo+camera, and turn off all auto uploads that you have set up. This will allow you to reframe any image and prevents the app crash.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Any word on if the NokiaCamera app will be able to bypass the lock screen? I hate not being able to do that like I can with the default app.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Any phone that gets Nokia Black will get Pro Cam.

Also, for those of you that have been experiencing the reframing app crashing issue, a fix has been found. The crashing was completly related to the app trying to auto upload your image after you click save in reframing. To prevent this crash, head to settings, scroll over to applications, then photo+camera, and turn off all auto uploads that you have set up. This will allow you to reframe any image and prevents the app crash.

lol I guess that would explain why I haven't had any of these 're-framing issues' everyone's been talking about; I keep that setting always off because I only have 7GB of Skydrive... (I do however have 'auto-upload' enabled in AT&T's Locker where I have my free 50GB, as well as my 50GB on Imageshack)

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
lol I guess that would explain why I haven't had any of these 're-framing issues' everyone's been talking about; I keep that setting always off because I only have 7GB of Skydrive... (I do however have 'auto-upload' enabled in AT&T's Locker where I have my free 50GB, as well as my 50GB on Imageshack)

Hmm then it must be exclusively related to Skydrive uploading. Though when I had ATT locker set to auto upload it never did that. Does you ATT auto upload actually work ?

Any word on if the NokiaCamera app will be able to bypass the lock screen? I hate not being able to do that like I can with the default app.

Not sure, but that function works on the Lumia 1020. When on lock screen, I hold the camera button and pro cam launches did you chec your settings? Maybe you need GDR2?

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmm then it must be exclusively related to Skydrive uploading. Though when I had ATT locker set to auto upload it never did that. Does you ATT auto upload actually work ?

I have a 920 with GDR3. I had the same issue with GDR2. If I use the default camera, I can activate it without putting in my pin by holding the camera button down. The nokia camera app prompts for a pin if I set it as default camera. It's probably not a huge issue for some people, but I frequently use my 920 for pictures, so it's annoying as hell for me :(

Not sure, but that function works on the Lumia 1020. When on lock screen, I hold the camera button and pro cam launches did you chec your settings? Maybe you need GDR2?

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue after the update. After pressing Save on the reframed image, either the app crashes and I'm back to the home screen or it goes back to the original picture. Also, in all cases a new copy of the original picture is saved to SkyDrive. The problem occurs most of the times, but not all of the times. Rebooting doesn't help, usually after rebooting, the first reframed image is saved, then it keeps crashing again.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the post of the auot-upload fix. For me it is more like a workaround than a fix, since I like my photos to be uploaded. Also the app doesn't always crash. I'll try disabling auto-update, though, see what happens. Thx.

Last edited:

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue after the update. After pressing Save on the reframed image, either the app crashes and I'm back to the home screen or it goes back to the original picture. Also, in all cases a new copy of the original picture is saved to SkyDrive. The problem occurs most of the times, but not all of the times. Rebooting doesn't help, usually after rebooting, the first reframed image is saved, then it keeps crashing again.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the post of the auot-upload fix. For me it is more like a workaround than a fix, since I like my photos to be uploaded. Also the app doesn't always crash. I'll try disabling auto-update, though, see what happens. Thx.

Yes a workaround for me as well. But Nokia is very good with fixing things. And it was already confirmed by WPCentral this fix will come with an update sometime this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos