Exchanged my 1020 and now can't update to Amber?

Peter Draper

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I wonder if anyone has any suggestions. I had a Lumia 1020 (unlocked - all phones are in Qatar) and had it updated to Amber when it started to lock up and reboot spontaneously. I exchanged it at the retailer for a new one, I have it set up exactly as before, but I can't seem to update it to Amber. I keep checking for updates and it constantly tells me it is up to date, but I have no Glance, no Data sense etc.... it definitely is still running the stock OS. Any ideas how to initiate the update?? Thanks........
Peter

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
get Lumia Pusher app & SysApp Pusher -those exact names in the store... they have most all the changes and settings you'll need.
One has different apps than the other and visa versa combined you should have all the system updates like storage check and call+SMS filter
When Glance first appears with Amber didn't have it's own setting, it was under touch or display (I think) then a few days later it appeared
on it's own updated and downloaded on it's own in it's own setting. Make sure Updates to notify you and download on it's own are enabled under phone updates
see here http://forums.windowscentral.com/at.../47632d1382497153t-lumia920firmwareupdate.jpg

if those apps don't help then...?

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, the 1020 comes with amber pre installed. Your issue is outdated system apps. I had this problem when i got my 1020.
Simply download sysapp pusher from store. It lists all the Nokia apps. I had to open them 1 by 1 to get it to prompt for update. Once i did them all i updated and everything was fine.

Peter Draper

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, the 1020 comes with amber pre installed. Your issue is outdated system apps. I had this problem when i got my 1020.
Simply download sysapp pusher from store. It lists all the Nokia apps. I had to open them 1 by 1 to get it to prompt for update. Once i did them all i updated and everything was fine.

I used SysApp Pusher to install Glance and after lunch I had a notification that I had 21 available updates on the store icon.... I updated them all and the apps that I liked were now there like data sense and glance and the updated camera app.... thanks for all the help everyone.....

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, thats a special kind of case which I am not getting into.
You need to rely on carriers for support.

Special Care Center is brick and motar store where they have techs, T Mobile stores don't "sell" Nokia phones and surely don't service them, rely on TM for what ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720