Might be stupid question!

Dan Strong1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got a white 1020. Which I think is the best looking phone ive seen! Compared to my 920 it looks sleeker and really like the weight/thinness compared to my 920.

Anyway! In the photo settings I can do 4:3 or 16:9 and doing 4:3 I get 38mp and doing 16:9 I get 34mp... My question is, if I do 4:3 will I get a better quality photo? I dont often need the extra at the sides anyway. Am I likely to see a detail difference? 4mp sounds quite a lot to me!

Have to say this camera is outstanding! The detail is incredible and loving having the proper xenon flash more than I thought! Well done Nokia!

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
What I've noticed is that 4:3 seems to have a larger field of view than 16:9 does. I'm not sure by how much, but I'm pretty sure if you can take a 4:3 photo, you'd be able to crop a 34mp 16:9 photo out of it (don't take my word for it though, it's only an observation with questionable accuracy. However, even if I'm incorrect, the fov should be quite similar). If this is the case, definitely go for a 4:3 photo, since the larger resolution and larger field of view does give you more to work with. The 16:9 photo would essentially be a slightly zoomed in version of the 4:3 photo with a different aspect ratio.

Once again, this is all under the assumption that my observation is (close to) correct!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos