download latest nokia firmware without navifirm ;-) inc 1020

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
---------------------------------------------------------

--edit -- update--

please note the nokia care suite in the 1st link is actually an old version and will download the firmware for you but you will need the lastest version to flash the firmware onto the phone ...... the latest version can be found here http://bitshare.com/?f=0n59i9kh and is version 5 ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------

hi there

with the latest update to the Nokia 1020 i was a bit gutted that o2 are dragging their feet with the update , in fact i tweeted them today and their response was ..... sorry we know nothing about this update ...... obviously this didn't go down to well with me and i started digging about

now i have found this guide , it might be somewhere on the forums , but i didn't see it in the 1020 forums , if it exists then please delete this thread or merge it with the other thread as i am just trying to help other users with a 1020 that has an operator product code and the operator is stalling the updates

here is the guide for you ;-) it is easy to follow and credits to the authour i am just pointing 1020 users in the right direction and sharing a great guide to help you get the most out of your phone , i take no responsibility if people brick their phones and if you dont know what your doing i advise you not to do it , but if you must then at least read and read again before you do anything silly like brick your phone and invalidate your warranty ;-)

now that's been said here is the guide

...:: Download official Nokia firmware without Navifirm+ ::.. - GSM-Forum

now i will go one further as with this method you will need a valid product code , one that the firmware you want has been released for so it is on nokias servers , for example my o2 1020 hasnt got the update but the uk cv variant has so i need the uk cv variant ;-) anyways here is the link for the product codes of the nokia 1020s

Nokia Product Code Listing for Care Suite Download - (Nokia 925T Added) - GSM-Forum

please please please note that if you have a rm-875 variant do not flash any other variant of firmware on to it always stick to rm-875 family and if you have a rm-876 always stick to that family of firmwares ;-)

if you have any questions i will try my best to help but the program should download the files into the right place for you and all you have to do is paste one file into a folder in the c drive to be able to download the firmware for free so it really isnt rocket science , in fact it is such a well written guide ..... credits to the author on that website ;-)

enjoy and if you find it handy please click the thanks button for the share ;-) nice one ;-)

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Will take a look at this later when I get home... (AT&T 1020 in the U.S.)

the only thing is you will need to find a 1020 from the same family (rm-876 i believe) that has received the new update mate , in the uk we were lucky that the unbranded cv model had received the new update meaning i could download the firmware with the method above and ''recover'' flash the new firmware via nokia care suite v5

its kind of like the old nokia way of changing your product code to get the update (if you ever used symbian and nsu)

cheers mate

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
the only thing is you will need to find a 1020 from the same family (rm-876 i believe) that has received the new update mate , in the uk we were lucky that the unbranded cv model had received the new update meaning i could download the firmware with the method above and ''recover'' flash the new firmware via nokia care suite v5

its kind of like the old nokia way of changing your product code to get the update (if you ever used symbian and nsu)

cheers mate

I checked my phone under "extras + info" and my AT&T 1020 is "RM-877_nam_att_205".

So, looking at the product code list, it looks like I have these 4 to choose from:

059T3M3 RM-877 LIGHT SWAP ENGINE GLOBAL
059T019 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL YELLOW
059T013 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL WHITE
059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK

How would I know which one, if any, have the updated firmware?

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
your current firmware version?

I checked my phone under "extras + info" and my AT&T 1020 is "RM-877_nam_att_205".

So, looking at the product code list, it looks like I have these 4 to choose from:

059T3M3 RM-877 LIGHT SWAP ENGINE GLOBAL
059T019 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL YELLOW
059T013 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL WHITE
059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK

How would I know which one, if any, have the updated firmware?

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I cant help help you with this. I have a lumia 920.
But I think you need to flash with that if you want to debrand your 1020.
Better ask other 1020 owners before proceeding.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I cant help help you with this. I have a lumia 920.
But I think you need to flash with that if you want to debrand your 1020.
Better ask other 1020 owners before proceeding.

Thanks. Yeah, I definitely don't want to brick my phone. But I'm very anxious to get these new updates... Errrr damnit AT&T!!!

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
ATT Lumia 1020 is not flashable. Rogers L1020 has newer firmware than ATT L1020 and as of now there seems is no way of flashing anything on ATT L1020. Some blockage by Nokia. I've tried many different ways to flash something to get sense or tether, but ATT is shafting us again.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to update my lumia 1020 with the rm-875 euro GB CV firmware, so downloaded your latest 5 version suite but unable to download any firmwares. According to the guide there is a user config file I am suppose to replace but I don't see it with your link. Tried to use the user config file from the guide which is for an older suite version but that doesn't work (authentication failed)

Using the older version of suite I am able to download the firmware but not flash it as it didn't recognize my 1020. Tried to flash with the new suite and predownloaded firmware but it doesn't see that predownloaded firmware files.

Do you have the correct userconfig file for the latest version you provided?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
in the 1st post there are 3 links -- one in edit that is v5 which you downloaded this is used to flash the 1020 in recovery mode not to download the firmware --

the next link is v4 of nokia care suite , if you download this you will get v4 of nokia care suite and the file that you need to copy into the right folder on the c drive to allow you to download the firmware

the last link is just to help with product codes to get the latest firmware ;-)

here is the link with v4 and the config file that unlocks the download mode and will get you the latest firmware for free http://www.schwantz-i.org/nokia/NokiaCareSuiteForStore-2013_1_3_4.rar

download and unzip it will have nokia care suite4 and the file , install care suite 4 but dont run it , when the box comes up with installation complete and the box to run care suite minimize it and then place the file in the right place , now maximise care suite and run it ...... you will now be able to download the firmware

then you use v5 (the file in the edit of the 1st post) to flash the 1020 as v4 doesnt support the 1020

i hope that makes sesne i will edit the 1st post when i get a chance ;-)

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
in the 1st post there are 3 links -- one in edit that is v5 which you downloaded this is used to flash the 1020 in recovery mode not to download the firmware --

the next link is v4 of nokia care suite , if you download this you will get v4 of nokia care suite and the file that you need to copy into the right folder on the c drive to allow you to download the firmware

the last link is just to help with product codes to get the latest firmware ;-)

here is the link with v4 and the config file that unlocks the download mode and will get you the latest firmware for free http://www.schwantz-i.org/nokia/NokiaCareSuiteForStore-2013_1_3_4.rar

download and unzip it will have nokia care suite4 and the file , install care suite 4 but dont run it , when the box comes up with installation complete and the box to run care suite minimize it and then place the file in the right place , now maximise care suite and run it ...... you will now be able to download the firmware

then you use v5 (the file in the edit of the 1st post) to flash the 1020 as v4 doesnt support the 1020

i hope that makes sesne i will edit the 1st post when i get a chance ;-)

Did exactly what you did. when it comes to v5 to flash the 1020, it doesn't see that downloaded firmware. hmmm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12