download latest nokia firmware without navifirm ;-) inc 1020

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Neither. With USB 2. it important?
If the phone is not connected to a computer, download to be done.
I've connected to the PC. Using PC USB which is the back case.
whay don't do that ? are you tested ?

USB 2 and direct connection, that is what you should do, this is all I know because I don't have my 1020 (yet) and I read the flasing thread somewhere yesterday, but that soul was flashing a UK variant and not AT&T variant.

LOL @ "Are you tested", made me laugh.
Am sorry about that, I don't wish to be tested, I've never done any nasty things in life :p

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
still getting Nokia.Murzim.Uefi.FlashApp.Core.dll problem
any suggestions pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sounds like the care suite is having problems mate , did you move the file to the c drive as stated in the instructions? are you using a windows pc? maybe google the error report and see what comes up

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on your 100 posts ;)

thanks mate much appreciated ;-) was an avid user of Nokia Users you can see from my profile and the thanks i got that i put a bit of time in there helping users etc View Profile: buxz777 - Nokia Users but a lot of members went their own ways over the years and the forum has got quite quiet now , i joined this one a little while ago when i got a 920 on uk launch and enjoyed the forum , i think part of owning a good smartphone is a nice community behind it and this forum defo has a nice community so it is a pleasure to be able to put a bit back into it wether it be little guides like this or photos from my phone or just a reply in a discussion ;-)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
thanks mate much appreciated ;-) was an avid user of Nokia Users you can see from my profile and the thanks i got that i put a bit of time in there helping users etc View Profile: buxz777 - Nokia Users but a lot of members went their own ways over the years and the forum has got quite quiet now , i joined this one a little while ago when i got a 920 on uk launch and enjoyed the forum , i think part of owning a good smartphone is a nice community behind it and this forum defo has a nice community so it is a pleasure to be able to put a bit back into it wether it be little guides like this or photos from my phone or just a reply in a discussion ;-)

1 thing I do know, wpc (this forum) is going places and not being quiet, with every rival device launch, we get louder.
I wish you all the best for your 1,000th and 10,000th post achievement :)

Harshal Gunde

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to get this to work with all the steps, but when I am trying to flash the Rogers ROM on an ATT device it always gives me an error: Platform ID is different from the Device Platform ID. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this error. Need this desparately as I am in Canada and want to get AWS spectrum to work.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to get this to work with all the steps, but when I am trying to flash the Rogers ROM on an ATT device it always gives me an error: Platform ID is different from the Device Platform ID. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this error. Need this desparately as I am in Canada and want to get AWS spectrum to work.

i think a lot of people are having trouble debranding the att model 1020 mate from what i am reading , not sure why and what they have done , but i dont think anyone has managed to debrand a att 1020 yet , unlock yes , debrand i am not so sure :-/

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i think a lot of people are having trouble debranding the att model 1020 mate from what i am reading , not sure why and what they have done , but i dont think anyone has managed to debrand a att 1020 yet , unlock yes , debrand i am not so sure :-/

Disappointing..I hope you can debrand it soon because ATT and updates are kind of ugh...

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
i have one stupid question...I bought my 1020 yesterday and i have a 920...i have changed the rom so many times and now on my 1020 I am affraid cause it is to new...but i will try anyway...mine is the 64gb version...do you think that i will have a problema if i flash a rom that is not for this version or is this irrelevent...

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
no problem unlocking a 64gb with a 32gb version (uk). It was quiet painless, and there is a couple of post somewhere with a step by step guide.

isicles

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I Just got a new 1020. I Live in Belgium but the firmware is Australian. Is it possible to flash the firmware to the universal version so that i can get auto updates in the store?

Current :
Name: Windows Phone
Model : NOKIA 909
Carrier : Australia
OS Version 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision number : 3050.0000.1338.1004
hardware revision number : 1.0.0.0
Radio Software version : 3.2.0434.1
chip SOC version : 8960

Manufacturer Name : RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_222
Mobile Operator : 000-AU

It says Australia but works fine in Belgium.

Is it possible to change these data also?

Should i be flashing it? If yes which firmware should i be using it?

Awaiting and Appreciate your help

Thanks

Heb Man

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried this and get an FFU error when trying to apply the Light Swap GLobal engine to the ATT lumia 1020. I was able to apply the standard firmware, so the process is sound. Anyone successfully flash an ATT one with unbranded ROM? I stayed within variane both are RM-877. Totally new to this so assume nothing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo