Screen replacement

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had to do this yet or know anything about it? Lost mine in the driveway last night and totally ruined the screen. WIN_20131023_234858.JPG

Touch works, but the thing just flickers and you cant tell whats going on. A quick look on ebay showed the cheapest screen I could get was $165, and I'm a poor student now. The only upside is the process doesn't look too hard, but I just cant afford $170 right now.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had to do this yet or know anything about it? Lost mine in the driveway last night and totally ruined the screen. View attachment 47747

Touch works, but the thing just flickers and you cant tell whats going on. A quick look on ebay showed the cheapest screen I could get was $165, and I'm a poor student now. The only upside is the process doesn't look too hard, but I just cant afford $170 right now.

is the phone possibly insured under house contents , bank you bank with, network provider? if not then i dont really know what to suggest mate apart from a repair at some point?

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 520 for $80 although not sure what phone you have above and what carrier you are on.
Edit: Removed link from below because it is now OOS, but it pops up quite often for $80

Screen replacement was ridiculous on my wifes 822, so we just upgraded to the 928.

Edit 2: Re-added link because it looks like most of the stores have it in stock that you could pick up lol
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28791406&

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Just shipped mine off to be repaired. Luckily I got the insurance through the Microsoft Store and it's a $0 deductible. When the same thing happened with my 920 I had to pay a $125 deductuble for a new phone through Asurion (AT&T's insurance provider). I'd planned for that and since I didn't have to spend money for insurance I just bought at 520 outright to use until my 1020 gets back.

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I got it imported to Canada from Negri, ATT/MS store wouldn't ship here. Everything is against me here. I went to koodo to see about a loaner phone, the rep was very rude and said they don't do loaner phones, which seems wrong. They also don't have insurance, and I bought the phone out right anyway (when I was working and not poor)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss