Blutooth and Autoplay

TheKennanator

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks,

So I've done a ton of digging and I haven't really found any response that has been helpful. Has anyone noticed that the instant you turn off your blutooth headphones (I use Rocket Fish RF-MAB2) or a blutooth car audio system (Microsoft Sync on the Ford Focus ST), the phone will automatically play the music or podcast through its own speakers?

Typically, I'll pause the music or podcast. I will then turn off my blutooth device. Then all of a sudden the audio will play from the phone itself. Is there a fix for this?

Or will everyone tell me its the blutooth devices from two very different manufacturers that is responsible?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Update 2? Not sure it matters, just a good frame of reference to have.

Is it ONLY Bluetooth or does it also do that for a headset? Plug in some earbuds, play a song and unplug them...does it stop then?

I personally have not had this issue.

konijay

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it happens with certain apps...say I play music with some "free music download" app at home, then I turn it off. I get in the car(bluetooth is connected but I am not playing music) drive to work, then I get out of the car. I hear the music playing. I am thinking music was playing the whole time in the car...I wasn't hearing it because I had FM on. Nothing works right with this phone/OS...

TheKennanator

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I went back and deleted the podcast apps I had been using. I then tried using the baked in Music from Microsoft and everything's been peachy.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It happens for me with bluetooth when i hang up a call when i'm in the car and I had no music playing prior to the call it starts playing after i finish the call. (this happened with Songza)
Same thing sometimes happens when I unplug the headset from my phone. So if I was listening to music then paused it and unplugged the headphones, music starts playing from the speakers. (this happens with the native music app)

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Stop the music! Is the only solution I have found to prevent random music issues.

Its crazy that there is no way to clear the now playing any other way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa