cracked screen on the lumia 1020, which assembly to buy

nokiaCA

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
So first drop of the lumia 1020, resulted in a cracked screen running about 3/4 the length of the phone.
The phone is fully functioning, just an ugly spider web.

I bought it off-contract through the microsoft store, with no microsoft additional warranty my only options are to buy the complete assembly online and DIY or take it to the nokia care repair facility.

I was browsing the web and came across some options on the etradesupply.com website, where they have 2 options
option 1 and option 2

Has any one bought stuff from etradesupply and they claim both options are OEM, which one should i go for?

I even tried to contact the nokia repair facility (here in canada its flextronics in newmarket), to check whether they had the parts to replace 1020 screen, but just to get them on the phone is a nightmare.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I found this information this online
I'll pm you the link and you decide whether to do business with this company

Often correct the following problems:
•Cracked or malfunction LCD Display
•Broken or dim LCD Display

Compatible with:

Nokia Lumia 1020

How to tell which Screen part you need for the Nokia Lumia 1020:
•LCD Only: If the image under the glass is broken and the touch panel is NOT then you only need an LCD.
•Touch Panel aka Digitizer: If the top touch panel or aka glass top is cracked or broken but the image under it is fine then you only need the Touch Panel.
•Complete Screen with Touch Panel and LCD: If the top touch panel is broken and the lcd image is either black liquid or cracked you need a complete screen.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If the digitizer and LCD are made as one unit, replace the whole thing. You risk damaging the LCD if try and remove the digitizer from the LCD. It will be more costly, but a safer repair in the long run.

nokiaCA

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i most likely will replace the entire screen, but the issue is none of the local repair places have the parts and to make matters worse the local nokia certificate repair facility are a bunch of idiots to deal with.

so basically im left to figure the parts i need on my own, thus the request for feedback on the 2 options i listed. any thoughts on those?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos