Lumia 1020 & Typing

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am actually interested in the Lumia 1520(I'd go for the 1320 if the camera was at least Pureview on the 920 level) because typing on my 1020's screen is a bit annoying.

The screen is a bit small for me so it is rather annoying to constantly try and type long messages out because I make tons of mistakes and sometimes I hit send before I realize I made a typo.

With that said, is there a way to manually add words to the dictionary? I think it is supposed to learn how you type over time correct? But I've been typing similar phrases and I use some slang/cuss words(Don't judge me lol) quite a bit and for whatever reason the word doesn't appear in my auto-correct/fill.

It's like the Phone sensors me lol. I accidentally stubbed my toe today and I was telling my friend about it and I said "It hurts like a B word lol* and of course that word wasn't in there but BIRCH was...and I've never even used the birch and I have more than enough typed the B word enough for it to learn it.

This is probably one of the few annoyances that I have with my Windows Phone because even when it does learn words or the way I spell it, it still doesn't have the preferred word first or second...it's usually way down on the auto-correct list.

Is there a way to fix this and add words manually to the dictionary?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When you type a new word, to add it to the dictionary, click on the word it gets marked. Then you can see that one appearing with a + sign in the autocorrect list. Tap on that to add it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb