Case needed?

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Getting a yellow 1020.... Is a case necessary? I was looking at the charging plate but the rest of the cases add too much bulk it seems the plate rests flat on surfaces.... Any help would be appreciated!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's really up to you, depending on what type of environment you'll be using your device, and how accident prone you tend to be.

I usually like to use cases, even though I'm not accident prone and don't have kids or pets. However, I never take insurance on mobile devices. Using a case will also help with resale value if one ever plans to sell a device, since the case will prevent cosmetic damage like scratches.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I usually use them too, my issue is finding one that keeps the screen slightly lifted when on a flat service as well as the camera. The speck case does this but is too bulky IMO.... Any recommendations?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of cases and haven't really used a screen protector before and my phones have lived to tell the tale in one piece. However, after my 920 picked up a couple of scratches on the screen without being dropped, I decided to, at the very least, use a screen protector. I found Screenproof through this forum and they sell clear screen and body protectors which are applied when wet. It's a little fiddly but once it has dried and set, it's very difficult to tell that there's a screen protector on the phone. No bubbles or lifts anywhere.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Cases are always needed for cell phones. IMHO.

+1

It protects the phone from scratches and potential damage from an accidental drop. I can't count the number of times I've seen a post here dealing with accidental drops where somebody says, "I was getting out of my car and my phone slip out of my pocket, it only fell 3 ft and screen shattered.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
OLX Mobile

Try out these cases. They come with screen guard :) . I got one really nice and doesn't add any bulk to it.

I wwas looking at those but heard the flash was being affected by the surrounding case....i got the poetic clear case for now....nice camera hump so I can lay it down but the bottom of the case on the front the cheap rubber is hanging im going to email them for a new one!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
yep I have the case in black and no probs with the flash its a nice case apart from the front of the corners are a bit exposed ;-)

FCone

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I use a screen protector and place my phone down on the face. That way my camera hump is not scratched.

I did drop the phone once and dinged the two top corners. Its flat white... A few min with a fine sanding block cleared it right up!

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Well had a case but not used for a day and dropped on that day and got a dent in corners . Now back to case and have no idea to remove it.

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
With my past experiences with Nokia devices, a case is not needed, but a screen protector is highly recommended by me. (all my Nokia bodies are perfect, except I cracked 2 920 screens)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett