Considering a 1020

ShaolinTurbo

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I currently have a Ativ S and Im considering going for the 1020 come upgrade time.
I like WP but there is one thing bugging me. The file system really sucks. I have photo previews that double up it seems every 24 hours. So in my Camera roll I have the same picture up to 10 times or more! It also does the same thing with music tracks. Loads of the same track over and over. It also doesn't sync large amounts of music files and playlists very reliably. Half the time playlists go missing and its slow to handle lots of files (around 6gb of music). I basically have to factory wipe my Ativ and start again once it gets out of control.

Now is this problem related only to the Ativ S or is it a wider quirk of WP 8? I have a Windows 8 PC so it should really sync flawlessly. right now I have a better time syncing my Win8 PC with Android devices than I do with WP8, that's bizarre! I dont want to dive in and get a 1020 if its the same as my Ativ.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Some users have complained about this and its more of a widespread issue hence not limited to the Ativ S. Suggestion - try using the explorer when moving files rather than using the WP app, I have quit using it long time ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett