01-05-2014 08:27 AM
32 12
tools
    yes, if using auto settings I get bad results, especialy indoor pictures, such as yellow or orange tint.
    you can check on some samples taken indoor and outdoor with manual settings here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...er-update.html
    great results
    11-02-2013 05:23 AM
    Hi, I'm having a terrible problem with my Nokia 1020 camera. It's giving me very yellowish photos when I use the flash. I don't know if it's a software or a hardware problem, but I have the GDR3 installed in it. The pictures come like yellow tint has been added on them. I've tried to change the settings, but the white balance isn't working. Does anybody know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
    11-11-2013 12:36 PM
    No, the yellow tint issue is still present. Here's a picture of my dog sleeping at night. One before (a screenshot) and after processing.
    Very low lit room with the only light source being my bed lamp.

Before:
    Attachment 48310

After:
    Attachment 48311
    From what I understand, that is not tinting created in post processing. It's just the phone screen's color space not matching the actual color space. There's actually 3 sets of color space here. The one you see on your phone, the one used by Nokia ProCam, and the one used by screen grab program. Much like computer screens need $1,000 color correction calibrators to ensure what you see on screen match what the computer thinks it is showing to you, and then, there's yet another correction from our computer to printer to ensure consistency throughout. It's consistency issue, not tinting created by processing raw to jpeg. Print your photo out at home, and at Costco. And I think both photos will still have different tint to it than the two we see here.

If 1020 could shoot in RAW, where we can process in Adobe Lightroom, then compare it to the ones processed into jpeg by ProCam, then, we'll know if that tint is coming from post processing algorithms.
    11-11-2013 01:51 PM
    Hi, I'm having a terrible problem with my Nokia 1020 camera. It's giving me very yellowish photos when I use the flash. I don't know if it's a software or a hardware problem, but I have the GDR3 installed in it. The pictures come like yellow tint has been added on them. I've tried to change the settings, but the white balance isn't working. Does anybody know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
    It's a firmware bug with phone allowing too long of shutter and not adjusting white balance to compensate for a longer exposure. It isn't tied to GD3 but to Nokia's firmware which needs a massive update.

I found using sports mode at night with flash takes great close range portraits with limited yellowing. That or using night mode with flash for non portraits (this will generate a photo though with higher ISO)

The other thing I highly recommend is the app Fhotoroom. I've been experimenting with it and it's built in camera mode takes awesome photos especially inside where the Nokia camera app just plain sucks.
    supershi80 likes this.
    11-12-2013 05:41 AM
    Agree, also using Nokia Camera but manually setting the ISO to 1/200 fix the yellow tinting issue.
    11-14-2013 05:37 PM
    I have the Same issue
    i'm a pro photographer, that's why i also noticing this issue
    the image post processing is just killing the end result
    i hate the way it tries to fix the white balance and over smoothing / soften of the original image while saving is going on
    12-13-2013 11:49 PM
    I have the Same issue
    i'm a pro photographer, that's why i also noticing this issue
    the image post processing is just killing the end result
    i hate the way it tries to fix the white balance and over smoothing / soften of the original image while saving is going on
    I hope Nokia and Microsoft fix this with their next update because my friends who uses Samsung S3 a nd iPhone5 are jealous on how my 920 performs on low light
    01-05-2014 08:27 AM
32 12