ATT discontinuing Lumia 1020 accessory sales?

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
It looks like ATT is ending its sale of Lumia 1020 accessories, or at least the cases. I have recently decided to finally get the AGF case ATT had and on their website its no longer available and I had to visit 5 stores before I finally found one that still had last two in stock and for a 50% off at $17.50.

I am happy that I got the case at 50% off since the $35 was crazy to start with for a basic plastic case, but it is concerning that ATT has seemingly stopped anything to do with the Lumia 1020; some smaller ATT stores I visited during my case hunt did not even have the 1020 on display anymore and the few cases they had left were not on display but the employee had to go and get them either from the back or from the small locked drawers under the display stand.

What the heck is going on, I mean its a relatively new phone so why is ATT discontinuing the sale of accessories for it?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
On the site I just checked the AGF case, which I don't see in your screenshot either.

You're right. I didn't see that one either. However, I've never heard of AGF. I'm more familiar with Otterbox and Speck. The other brands I know, but don't know if they make 1020 cases, are Incipio and Seidio.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the ATT AGF as well. The corners chipped off (ok though..case did its job protecting the phone.), so decided to hunt a new case down. Someone here actually found this:
http://www.tetded.com/home/en/lumia...-case-for-nokia-lumia-1020-caen-lc-black.html

It is the AGF, but in pure leather! I have the red color case and love it.
http://www.tetded.com/home/en/lumia...-case-for-nokia-lumia-1020-caen-lc-black.html

Inside, it is lined with suede. I am loving mine; I have the red color which goes well with my yellow 1020.

**** COMMENT RETRACTED - SEE BELOW 12/13 POST! ****

Last edited:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the ATT AGF as well. The corners chipped off (ok though..case did its job protecting the phone.), so decided to hunt a new case down. Someone here actually found this:
TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 -- Caen (LC: Black) - TETDED LIMITED

It is the AGF, but in pure leather! I have the red color case and love it.
TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 -- Caen (LC: Black) - TETDED LIMITED

Inside, it is lined with suede. I am loving mine; I have the red color which goes well with my yellow 1020.

Not bad, and I am impressed that they did not make the mistake of leaving a hole in the case for the wireless charging contacts as many third party case manufacturers do.
You should have made an unboxing/review video ;)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Not surprising. AT&T gearing up for the L1520. As for accessories, they cannot keep large inventories of those types of items. To easy to get stuck with them.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I just think that it is because no one is buying cases for the 1020. Between the charging shell of the camera grip, I don;t want another case and I usually run the phone nekkid anyway. The poly shell just isn't as susceptible to damage as the case-culture creating iPhone.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So after a couple of months with gentle use and NO drops, the leather around the corners has pulled back and some of the plastic is breaking away rendering this case useless for protecting corners on the phone - which is 9 chances out of 10 the first thing that will get banged up during a drop.

The exact same thing happened with the AT&T version.

I am heart broken because I love the look and texturing - and the simplicity of this format. Also, Tetded in addition to making the outside coated with leather, additionally added a thin suede layer for a soft surface against the back of the phone to protect the large polycarbonate area. I really thought this would be my permanent case.

But protection is also necessary - without it all those other features are useless. So I am going the other route and trying a Speck Candyshell..

TetdedCorner.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234