11-17-2013 03:37 PM
29 12
tools
    Yup, all Lumia 1020s (in the US, at least) come with a free poster print-out. Thanks for reminding me, by the way, I had forgotten about that. I scored some OUTSTANDING photos in Hawaii while on my trip. My room is space themed (see age in signature, before people think I'm crazy), and one of the photos I took of stars would look AWESOME on my wall.
    Where can we see your 1020 Hawaii Pictures?
    11-12-2013 03:17 AM
    I'm actually torn between this and the 1520. I'm considering the XX30 rehashes, but the thing is, I tried the 1020 in an indoor shot, and the noise was unusually high. Is it just me or the screen? I plan to use my next WP for media creation (photography and videography) and that's where the line is drawn. 1020 offers unmatchable quality and low-light detection, but the 1520 on the other hand has 4 HAAC mics but with a lower resolution sensor. Heck, I don't even know the low-light capabilities of this. The S4 in the 1020 also concerns me for future updates as the 800 gives me the impression it'll take on the next wave of updates without losing features. Side note, I love the AMOLED on my S4 but the SLCD on my 8S gets the job done with pleasing saturation, so screen will also affect my decision. (I am very dependent on a microSD card, but only the 1520 has it.)
    11-12-2013 05:09 AM
    Where can we see your 1020 Hawaii Pictures?
    Ahh, I keep meaning to put them in an album in SkyDrive, so many people clamoring for the photos! Sadly, I'm being held back by laziness, I just don't want to organize them all (WiFi access was spotty throughout the trip, so the pictures got uploaded in some very strange orders, and some didn't upload at all [safely backed up on my laptop, however]).

But yeah, anyways, I keep meaning to organize them, lots of people are dying for the photos. I have homework, however. Maybe once I finish it this evening, I'll get on the daunting task of getting it all organized.
    11-17-2013 03:35 PM
    I'm actually torn between this and the 1520. I'm considering the XX30 rehashes, but the thing is, I tried the 1020 in an indoor shot, and the noise was unusually high. Is it just me or the screen? I plan to use my next WP for media creation (photography and videography) and that's where the line is drawn. 1020 offers unmatchable quality and low-light detection, but the 1520 on the other hand has 4 HAAC mics but with a lower resolution sensor. Heck, I don't even know the low-light capabilities of this. The S4 in the 1020 also concerns me for future updates as the 800 gives me the impression it'll take on the next wave of updates without losing features. Side note, I love the AMOLED on my S4 but the SLCD on my 8S gets the job done with pleasing saturation, so screen will also affect my decision. (I am very dependent on a microSD card, but only the 1520 has it.)
    Indoor shots are a frequented complaint on the Lumia 1020, it's supposedly going to have the algorithms improved with the Lumia Black firmware. But since Lumia Black also brings RAW support, that means you can let more professional photo editing software handle the processing on indoor shots, and anything else, for that matter.
    11-17-2013 03:37 PM
29 12