Finally joined the "41 million reasons" club!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Been waiting a long time but finally my Rogers 1020 was delivered today from Negri. :) Still boxed ATM but will get into it later. �� Any suggestions for the best place to grab the camera grip? Strangely seems to be cheapest at ATT's website but that can't be right....

WP_20131101_19_59_56_Pro.jpg

junkfoodpenguin

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Congrat theefman!!

@threeman How long did it take to get yours? Because I also ordered my Rogers Lumia 1020 from Negri last week as well and am still waiting on mine.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Congrat theefman!!

@threeman How long did it take to get yours? Because I also ordered my Rogers Lumia 1020 from Negri last week as well and am still waiting on mine.

I ordered on the 23rd while it was still on backorder then I checked on the following Monday and it shipped same day. Maybe they aren't getting in as many as they thought to fill backorders, might be worth checking with them.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Black, looks more sleek to me. Feels a tiny bit snappier than my 920, which I just sold on eBay. Wireless charging cover and camera grip work fine, looking forward to the coming updates!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Glad you can now be apart of the club! Get ready to take some of the greatest pictures of all time! Also, just a short time away from RAW support, so this great camera is only going to get better!

Only 38 million in reality :wink:

Ssshhh, don't ruin it for those who don't fully understand how the camera works...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the club! I absolutely love my sexy yellow 1020 and it's black camera grip, which was free with a mail in rebate through AT&T..

Now get to snapping some pics!

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Black, looks more sleek to me. Feels a tiny bit snappier than my 920, which I just sold on eBay. Wireless charging cover and camera grip work fine, looking forward to the coming updates!
Congrats. I'm after the RAW feature and have no clear idea how large that .DNG file would eat on the 1020. So it will be 1520 or 1020 for me, good thing is I still have until December to decide.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Congrats. I'm after the RAW feature and have no clear idea how large that .DNG file would eat on the 1020. So it will be 1520 or 1020 for me, good thing is I still have until December to decide.

Samples are actually available on the site (from the 1020, that is), you can find the thread somewhere. They came in at about 40-45MB, per image, so obviously this isn't for everyday Instagram shots, this setting is reserved for life's truly magical moments (unless you're lucky enough to have a 64GB model, then by all means, RAW it up).

Thankfully, you can always switch how it captures the image via the Nokia Camera settings. Somewhat tedious, yes, having to go through a menu or two, but appreciated nonetheless. Perhaps Nokia could add a quick toggle button on the main camera screen, alongside the buttons to switch to Smart Cam mode and video recording? It'd be much appreciated, so you can always use whatever setting is most appropriate per each image.

If you're truly looking the best phone camera on the market, I recommend the Lumia 1020, all the way! I also prefer how the Lumia 1020 is slimmer, but some may appreciate the more feature packed 1520. But based on imaging alone, definitely the Lumia 1020, no question.

Anyways, I look forward to the update, it will be glorious!

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone see a free 20x30" print from smilebooks app? I have one in my microsoft store bought 1020.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone see a free 20x30" print from smilebooks app? I have one in my microsoft store bought 1020.

Yup, all Lumia 1020s (in the US, at least) come with a free poster print-out. Thanks for reminding me, by the way, I had forgotten about that. I scored some OUTSTANDING photos in Hawaii while on my trip. My room is space themed (see age in signature, before people think I'm crazy), and one of the photos I took of stars would look AWESOME on my wall.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Got my 1020 today!! All I can is AMAZING!!

This phone is gorgeous, much lighter than the 920, love the LED screen and awesome camera. Overall it is so much better than my 920. Even the vibration is better.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Got my 1020 today!! All I can is AMAZING!!

This phone is gorgeous, much lighter than the 920, love the LED screen and awesome camera. Overall it is so much better than my 920. Even the vibration is better.

AMOLED screen. ;)

And yeah, love the display! That reminds me how much it bothers me when people compare it to an iPhone display (that has an LCD screen) and say the iPhone has more natural colors, and the Lumia 1020 over saturates too much. Umm, excuse me? That's the point of Windows Phone: bright vibrant colors with great contrast... And anyways, if it bothered you, and since you're supposed to be a professional review (meaning: do your homework), then you ought to know that you can easily change the display configuration to show more natural colors.

Anyways, rant over, and glad you like your new tech toy! I love mine, that's for sure!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb